Hai Omnitouch 5.7 Keypad Problems

cmunruh

Started having trouble with my Omnitouch 5.7 keypads. I have 3 of them. The icons on the touchscreen are flashing and also the touchscreens are beeping randomly. With all 3 touchscreens plugged in the flashing is so severe I have virtually no control. When I unplug 1 of the touchscreens the flashing becomes less severe and I can control some of the functions. With only 1 of the keypads plugged in there is no problem. I did update firmware from 2.3.3 to 3.0.0 and that did not seem to change anything. I have tested voltage on the touchscreen hub and it tested out to 24v, which I think is the correct voltage. Anybody have any idea whats going on.

Welcome to the Cocoontech forum cmunruh!

I have a few of the serial Omnitouch 5.7's.  I haven't had any issues with them to date and they are old now.

Here also have an Omnitouch video/touchscreen hub.  Been working fine for me.

I haven't looked at the stuff in a while now.  Looking this morning see a ~5 AMP 19VDC brick connected to the hub.

I am thinking the voltage to the Omnitouch 5.7's is supposed to be around 12VDC.  Will check some more.

You might be having an issue with the touchscreen hub.

pete_c said:
Welcome to the Cocoontech forum cmunruh!

I have a few of the serial Omnitouch 5.7's.  I haven't had any issues with them to date and they are old now.

Here also have an Omnitouch video/touchscreen hub.  Been working fine for me.

I haven't looked at the stuff in a while now.  Looking this morning see a ~5 AMP 19VDC brick connected to the hub.

I am thinking the voltage to the Omnitouch 5.7's is supposed to be around 12VDC.  Will check some more.

You might be having an issue with the touchscreen hub.
Is it possible if 1 or 2 touchscreens were bad that it could mess with the remaining touchscreen? There is one touchscreen that consistently malfunctions even if its the only one connected. The other 2 only malfunction slightly when its just those 2 connected. Maybe all 3 touchscreens are bad? You mentioned something about a touchscreen hub problem, it seems like none of the screens would function if that were the case. I did run the system on just the 2 backup batteries (the battery voltages test out good) with the same results. So I don't really think it's a power issue.

Try connected one touchscreen to the OP2 panel directly and using external voltage if you want to test the Omnitouch screen.  These do not utilize much power at all.

Just wondering if you fixed your issue.

Here today I did a reset of the panel and one touchscreen came back white.  I reset the touchscreen and it would keep coming back white.  I then unplugged it and plugged it back in holding down the reset button and it came back to normal.

pete_c said:
Just wondering if you fixed your issue.

Here today I did a reset of the panel and one touchscreen came back white.  I reset the touchscreen and it would keep coming back white.  I then unplugged it and plugged it back in holding down the reset button and it came back to normal.
No I haven't been able to fix it. I've pretty much decided the touchscreens are good. I made 3 short patch cords, removed the touchscreens from the wall and connected them directly to the hub. They all worked flawlessly. Then this afternoon I was looking at it and decided to unplug all the cameras connected to the video encoder (there's 4 of them) then the touchscreens all started working. As soon as any one of those cameras are plugged in the screens start to malfunction. So I guess that points toward either a problem with the video encoder, the touchscreen hub, or both. What do you think?

Back