Can't connect to new Elk M1XEP with ElkRP2

fryfrog

I can connect with the default master code and no user/pass using M1ToGo. I see about the same as I can see on the keypad I have hooked up (except its quicker and easier), so its working.

But in ElkRP2, the finder doesn't work. And with the IP and port entered manually, with secure checked it fails instantly. With it un-checked, it still fails but after trying some.

The stand alone firmware updater even tells me it is on the latest version, 2.00.42 or something like that.

I have some pictures I'm working on including...

Attachments

• Elk Failure 1.png
    Elk Failure 1.png
    514.9 KB · Views: 15
DELInstallations said:
Is this a W10 machine? There's known technotes that address that and FW.
Yeah, the machine that didn't work was Windows 10. The one that works fine is a Windows 7 VM running on the Windows 10 host. If it works, it works. :/

I did see those notes, but my interpretation of them was that if the XEP was on the latest firmware (it was), there shouldn't be any problem. Maybe I missed something.

mikefamig said:
I have a hard time calling the xep dead based on the fact that you can connect using M1TOGO.
Yeah, XEP clearly not dead. It is totally fine and M1ToGo proved it for sure, also pinged and the expected ports were also open at nmap scan.

DELInstallations said:
I'd also look at or consider if there's a firewall on the local machine
No local firewall, Windows 10 just didn't work and Windows 7 on a VM on the Windows 10 host was fine. I'm happy now. Mostly.

Back