Anderson Window Verilock security

rugao123

Anderson Windows just come out with a wireless security sensors that you replace with you existing sash locks.  It tells you whether the window is open/closed and locked/unlocked.  Only works with Nexia or Wink.  I have Homeseers, HAI, HaikuHelper, Smartthings, and now the Wink.  Wink only has very limited features.  I would like to integrate Wink with Homeseers, so I can program to alter me if it rains and one of the windows is open and integrate with my HAI security as security zones.  You also need to get the Anderson translator, it's a bridge between a hub and the sensor.  It's a certified Z wave plus product.  I tried to pair with Smartthings, without any success.

Don't buy from the Anderson website, you can get much cheaper at a local hardware store, almost 50% off retail price.

https://www.andersenwindows.com/connect/

I don't have any experience with Anderson Windows or Verilock.

However, I wonder if anyone has experience using these sash locks on non Anderson windows.

I like the hidden nature of them and the ability to know if the window is locked/unlocked as well as open/closed.

If you don't want to go Z Wave it looks like they are compatible with Honeywell 5800 wireless sensors.

johngalt said:
https://www.andersenwindows.com/connect/

I don't have any experience with Anderson Windows or Verilock.

However, I wonder if anyone has experience using these sash locks on non Anderson windows.

I like the hidden nature of them and the ability to know if the window is locked/unlocked as well as open/closed.

If you don't want to go Z Wave it looks like they are compatible with Honeywell 5800 wireless sensors.
 I know the open/close part works with 5800 protocol just like a wireless window sensor.  But would it also be able to communicate locked/unlocked?  Would it do so by creating a separate zone, so each window with the verilock is 1 zone for open/close and another for locked/unlocked?

Open/closed will only send the single state change.

Verilock uses two loops to determine state, one is the O/C the other is U/L.  Two zones.

Yes, like DELInstallations said, Verilock uses 2 loops to determine state.  Looks great, and cheaper than running wires.  Ideally, would like it to alert me when it's going to rain and one of the windows is open, or patio doors are not locked.  Wife leaves them unlocked all the time.  It's too much to ask her to alarm the house and check the Wink to make sure windows and patio doors are locked.

Back