#1 Skippman

Skippman

• Registered
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 19 December 2016 - 12:25 PM

POPULAR

Hello All!

I'm new to the forum obviously and come from an extensive computer networking and home theater background. I'm looking to find a way to tie all of that together and finally get some workable home automation off the ground without breaking the bank.

Currently I have a Nest thermostat, a MyQ garage door opener, two NAS's that are remote accessible, and a pretty robust home network. I've been sitting on a Lutron RadioRa2 installers kit for a while and am on the fence if I should install it or not. 

I'm looking forward to sharing my limited experience on the subject and learning as much as I can from you all!

- Skip

#2 jon102034050

jon102034050

Dedicated Cocooner

• Registered
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  • Experience:average
  • Software:Harmony
  • Hardware:Elk M1, ISY-99
  • Tech:INSTEON, Z-Wave
  • Audio:Sonos
  • Video:XBMC
  • CCTV:ip

Posted 19 December 2016 - 01:52 PM

Welcome!  I think you're going to need to focus on what your goals are before anybody can really help you out much.  Your post is pretty generic - once you settle on what you'd like to achieve, then maybe we'll be able to give guidance on how to achieve it.

#3 Skippman

Skippman

• Registered
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 19 December 2016 - 02:27 PM

Yeah, I get that. I was aiming for a more generic post as my intro then was going to get specific in another thread. I created this one for it.

#4 AutomatedAvery

AutomatedAvery

Cocooner

• Registered
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • Twitter:automatedavery
  • Experience:average
  • Software:mControl
  • Hardware:2GIG, Elk M1, HAI OmniPro II
  • Tech:UPB, Z-Wave, RadioRA
  • Audio:Russound
  • CCTV:ip
  • Phone:Grandstream

Posted 11 January 2017 - 03:57 PM

Welcome Skippman, I'd be glad to take a look at the other thread you created. You'll find a lot of help on these forums

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users