reading extended setup

Alezis

Hi everyone,

is there someone in here that could share how to read the extended setup on a omni controller ? 

All the parameters for rooms, cameras and other extended setup found in pc access ?

it is nowhere to be found on any of the omni-link II protocol that I could find... and Leviton is far from being cooperative in sharing an update release of the protocol...

Thanks !

This is a handler I never finished, but it is functional to see the rooms and items returned (and you can expand on that).  The key is using HAC.SSD to see what object types are supported.  If you have intellisense setup, you can see the objects there.

This code is functional, but as you'll see below, I'm not doing anything with the data.  I'm just outputting it to the debug window.

If you have any questions, fire away and I'll see what I can remember about it (haven't messed with this in a few years).

Public Sub DisplayPanelDownloadStatus(ByVal Phase As clsHAC.enuConfigPhase, ByVal ix As Integer, ByRef Cancel As Boolean)
If InvokeRequired Then
Invoke(New clsHAC.ConfigReadStatusDelegate(AddressOf DisplayPanelDownloadStatus), New Object() {Phase, ix, Cancel})
Else

Select Case Phase
Case clsHAC.enuConfigPhase.Names_AccessControlReader
Case clsHAC.enuConfigPhase.Names_Area
Case clsHAC.enuConfigPhase.Names_Button
Case clsHAC.enuConfigPhase.Names_Code
Case clsHAC.enuConfigPhase.Names_Tstat
Case clsHAC.enuConfigPhase.Names_Zone
Case clsHAC.enuConfigPhase.Names_Unit
Case clsHAC.enuConfigPhase.Names_Tstat
Case clsHAC.enuConfigPhase.Names_Message
Case clsHAC.enuConfigPhase.Names_UserSetting
Case clsHAC.enuConfigPhase.SetupData
End Select

' Display the status'
If (ix > 0) Then
' Update status bar panel text'
StatusBarPanel2.Text = String.Format("Reading {0} ({1})", Phase.ToString, ix)
Else
' Update status bar panel text'
StatusBarPanel2.Text = ("Reading " + Phase.ToString)
End If

If (Phase = clsHAC.enuConfigPhase.Done) Then
' Get room descriptions'
Dim rooms As clsSsRooms = DirectCast(HAC.SSD.Rooms, clsSsRooms)
For i As Integer = 1 To rooms.Count
Dim room As clsSsRoom = DirectCast(rooms(i), clsSsRoom)
Debug.WriteLine(String.Format("Room # & Name: {0} - {1}", Str(i), room.RoomName))

For x As Integer = 1 To room.Count
Dim roomItem As clsSsRoomItem = DirectCast(room(x), clsSsRoomItem)

Select Case roomItem.ItemType
Case enuSsRoomItemType.Button
Dim button As clsButton = HAC.Buttons(roomItem.IX)
Debug.WriteLine(String.Format("{0} contains {1}", room.RoomName, button.Name))
Exit Select

Case enuSsRoomItemType.Unit
Dim unit As clsUnit = HAC.Units(roomItem.IX)
Debug.WriteLine(String.Format("{0} contains {1}", room.RoomName, unit.Name))
Exit Select
Case Else
Exit Select
End Select
Next
Next
End If
End If
End Sub

Alezis said:
Hi everyone,

is there someone in here that could share how to read the extended setup on a omni controller ? 

All the parameters for rooms, cameras and other extended setup found in pc access ?

it is nowhere to be found on any of the omni-link II protocol that I could find... and Leviton is far from being cooperative in sharing an update release of the protocol...

Thanks !
 Here's my attempt at requesting updated protocol info ..http://communities.leviton.com/thread/4205

I've also sent emails to Leviton requesting the documentation.  Leviton has not responded.  Latest version that have is dated October 2009.

Good luck with getting any info including the protocol docs from Leviton.  Leviton just doesn't respond to any of my requests. 

While I agree that their documentation and communication is terrible, I'm usually able to figure out what objects and classes I need by simply using intellisense in Visual Studio.  

hai-ex1.png

hai_ex2.png

VS intellisense is a great tool for VB and C# programmers.  Unfortunately, C and C++ programmers don't have the intellisense luxury.  These programmers have to primarily rely on the protocol docs.

The extended setup info is primarily used by smart devices such as the OT7 touch screen, Android/IOS via Snaplink and/or Windows 10 devices.  AFAIK, the latest publicly available version of HAI.controller.dll was written "way back in the day". So, I doubt that intellisense would provide a lot of this  info, especially the OT7 info.

Also, since the OP2 controller is now considered part of the Bitwise ecosystem system,  how does the OP2 communicate with the Bitwise controllers?  I'm assuming that the Omni Link 2 protocol would be updated to allow for this communication etc.  If so, what changes were made to the protocol?

There are just too many unanswered questions that only an updated version of the Omni Link 2 protocol document can properly address.

I was follow command:

0x44  MByteNumber LByteNumber 0x40

when put number is 0. I can get 1st camera. but I still dont know how to get next parameters

BobS0327 said:
 Here's my attempt at requesting updated protocol info ..http://communities.leviton.com/thread/4205

I've also sent emails to Leviton requesting the documentation.  Leviton has not responded.  Latest version that have is dated October 2009.

Good luck with getting any info including the protocol docs from Leviton.  Leviton just doesn't respond to any of my requests. 

Hahaha ! and I am the second poster below you asking the same question !

Thank you every one for all the reply, I was not expecting so much ! This is to try to program on a android app. Anyone with android studio experience that could help figure this out ?

Back