• Please log in to reply
80 replies to this topic

#76 klemmer

klemmer

• Registered
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 September 2015 - 12:18 PM

crossbar - I am not really sure how to reach out to you privately on this board but I am very interested in the work you are doing with the Elk M1 - would you be able to fork the ElkM1::Control project here: https://github.com/t.../elkm1--control and post your updates?  If not, please let me know and we can speak privately.  Thanks so much for your efforts with this!

#77 crossbar

crossbar

Cocooner

• Registered
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 24 September 2015 - 07:47 PM

For some reason I can't message you on here.  You can try to message me.

Update: I forked the main tree and applied my updates. I put in a pull request.  I think you should be able to see the fork from the main tree if not I can post a link to my fork.

Edited by crossbar, 25 September 2015 - 09:09 AM.

#78 klemmer

klemmer

• Registered
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 September 2015 - 08:06 AM

Thanks so much crossbar!  Would you be able to reach out to me directly at "my username on this forum AT comcast dot net"?  I can try to do my best to help you along with the process!  Thanks again for your time!

#79 crossbar

crossbar

Cocooner

• Registered
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 25 September 2015 - 12:14 PM

M1- bug:

klemmer just pointed out to me that the Arm Status Messages from the M1 are causing the ElkM1::Connect to fail:

invalid message: 1EAS10000000611111110000000000FA at /usr/local/share/perl5/ElkM1/Control/MessageFactory.pm line 73

This message from the M1 actually has a bad check sum and if you look at the raw output from the M1 you will see the identical message from the M1 with the correct check sum:

1EAS1000000061111111000000000008

So why is the M1 sending messages with bad checksums on certain occasions?  This is repeatable.   This is with firmware 5.3.0  I have not tried 5.3.8 yet.

I guess I will update the ElkM1::Connect to just ignore bad messages from the M1.

I am curious to know if this is unique to firmware 5.3.0 or not.  I assume someone in the past would have run into this using the ElkM1::Connect if this was a bug in previous M1 firmware.

#80 klemmer

klemmer

• Registered
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 September 2015 - 06:48 PM

I believe I might not be the first to discover that the arm method is not working.... I plan to upgrade to 5.3.8 in the next week or so and I will report back if that fixes it.

#81 crossbar

crossbar

Cocooner

• Registered
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 27 September 2015 - 06:57 PM

The updates I mentioned previously in this thread have been pulled into the GitHub repository (as linked above) ver 0.1.1 .   I updated the code to not terminate upon receiving a malformed message and just warn and ignore it.   This change will be included in the next revision I submit on GitHub.  If there are other issues or missing features I can address with the next update let me know.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users