crossbar - I am not really sure how to reach out to you privately on this board but I am very interested in the work you are doing with the Elk M1 - would you be able to fork the ElkM1::Control project here: https://github.com/t.../elkm1--control and post your updates? If not, please let me know and we can speak privately. Thanks so much for your efforts with this!
Did you know that you can enjoy many members-only features simply by quickly registering (no CAPTCHA!)?
Registering gives you access to our giveaways, forum features, increased search performance, access to our Download Library, create your own blog & gallery, and more!
Once you have registered, stop by in 'Hello World', and introduce yourself.
[How-To] Control an Elk M1 via External Perl Scripting
Posted 24 September 2015 - 07:47 PM
For some reason I can't message you on here. You can try to message me.
Update: I forked the main tree and applied my updates. I put in a pull request. I think you should be able to see the fork from the main tree if not I can post a link to my fork.
Edited by crossbar, 25 September 2015 - 09:09 AM.
Posted 25 September 2015 - 08:06 AM
Thanks so much crossbar! Would you be able to reach out to me directly at "my username on this forum AT comcast dot net"? I can try to do my best to help you along with the process! Thanks again for your time!
Posted 25 September 2015 - 12:14 PM
klemmer just pointed out to me that the Arm Status Messages from the M1 are causing the ElkM1::Connect to fail:
invalid message: 1EAS10000000611111110000000000FA at /usr/local/share/perl5/ElkM1/Control/MessageFactory.pm line 73
This message from the M1 actually has a bad check sum and if you look at the raw output from the M1 you will see the identical message from the M1 with the correct check sum:
So why is the M1 sending messages with bad checksums on certain occasions? This is repeatable. This is with firmware 5.3.0 I have not tried 5.3.8 yet.
I guess I will update the ElkM1::Connect to just ignore bad messages from the M1.
I am curious to know if this is unique to firmware 5.3.0 or not. I assume someone in the past would have run into this using the ElkM1::Connect if this was a bug in previous M1 firmware.
Posted 25 September 2015 - 06:48 PM
I believe I might not be the first to discover that the arm method is not working.... I plan to upgrade to 5.3.8 in the next week or so and I will report back if that fixes it.
Posted 27 September 2015 - 06:57 PM
The updates I mentioned previously in this thread have been pulled into the GitHub repository (as linked above) ver 0.1.1 . I updated the code to not terminate upon receiving a malformed message and just warn and ignore it. This change will be included in the next revision I submit on GitHub. If there are other issues or missing features I can address with the next update let me know.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users