Caddx NX-8v2 Zone designation

portac

How do I designate my motion detector zones so that the keypad doesn't chime when they are activated? I only want opening of the door/window contacts to cause the keypads to chime.
Thanks,
John

How do I designate my motion detector zones so that the keypad doesn't chime when they are activated? I only want opening of the door/window contacts to cause the keypads to chime.
Thanks,
John
You need to change the zone type for those zones from a 6 to a 5. You can do that via the keypad or using the DL900 software

Thanks,
John
You need to change the zone type for those zones from a 6 to a 5. You can do that via the keypad or using the DL900 software
Zone type 5 is designated as "Interior Follower with Auto-Bypass Enabled". Are zones designated as type 5, bypassed when the system is armed in the "stay" mode?

hmmm, it has been a loooooong time since I was in my DL900 software, but I thought there was some sort of "checkmark" option to disable the chime for a zone.

Found it. Go to "Advanced", then "Zone Type" in your DL-900 top menus, then you will see a dialog box pop up as shown below. Go to the zone type (in your case 6) and uncheck the "chime" box.

Of course, make sure you save and upload all this to the Caddx panel. :eek:

Attachments

• chime.jpg
    chime.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 23
Found it. Go to "Advanced", then "Zone Type" in your DL-900 top menus, then you will see a dialog box pop up as shown below. Go to the zone type (in your case 6) and uncheck the "chime" box.

Of course, make sure you save and upload all this to the Caddx panel. :eek:
Usually Zone type 5 defaults to no chime. Don't know what happened but if you follow the instructions from BraveSirRobbin it will work.

Back