Misbehaving wireless glassbreak device

rmf

Hi again everyone -

First, thank you for your help thus far. It's only because of his help that I have been able to get the system essentially up and running with minimal trouble! I have the most of about 30 wireless zones set up and working (minus a few nonfunctional sensors which I discovered in this process), have to keypads in, have programmed with ElkRP and even created a few rules to notify opening and closing of my non-alarmed garage door zones.

I do have one issue that has come up however.

I have a wireless glassbreak sensor (Interlogix / GE Security 60-873-95 / NetworX NX-488). It enrolled with no issue. For a few hours everything appeared to be kosher. However last night it went into a faulted state and has not returmed to normal. I remove the cover to trip the tamper again, removed and replaced batteries, all with no change.

My only other thought is to delete and re-enroll the device? Or replace the device. It's not really clear to me what's going on and why it's showing faulted for apparently no reason. Is there any other way to reset it?

A small second question - we use the door chimes because we have two young kids and want to know when they're exiting. We'd like the door chime to sound both on open and close of the doors. Elk appears to only alert on the opening. Is there a way to change this?

Thank you all again for your help, I'm only as far as I am with this because of the advice I got here!

Hey rmf - sorry I know this reply is way late and you hopefully have solved long ago, but wanted to comment that I had the same issue recently with the exact same GBS sensor and what I found was the the tamper spring had wobbled askew when I replaced the cover. In my case the sensors are mounted on a vertical surface, so this was easy to occur. After I very carefully ensured that the spring tamper was fully "vertical" (in orientation to the circuit board) and nestled in the small dot molded into the top cover, things were good again.

As to the chime on both state changes, I'm sorry I don't know the answer to this but I suspect it's only when they change to violated. My announcements demonstrate the same behaviour to only work when going to open/not-ready.

Reactions: rmf
You can use a rule to announce the closing. "Whenever Zone x becomes secure AND chime is ON Announce Zone x".

Here is another tidbit you may not know about. In the Voice description for the zone, use the word called "SAY [OPEN/CLOSE]". For example: Voice description would be: "FRONT", "DOOR", "SAY [OPEN/CLOSE]". In your rule announce, Zone X as I stated previously. This way you can tell if the door went open or closed. Note: There is an alternate word called "SAY [CLOSED/OPEN]". You may have to that one instead.

Not sure about your other issue. I'd say delete and re-enroll. If that doesn't work, replace.

Hey rmf - sorry I know this reply is way late and you hopefully have solved long ago, but wanted to comment that I had the same issue recently with the exact same GBS sensor and what I found was the the tamper spring had wobbled askew when I replaced the cover. In my case the sensors are mounted on a vertical surface, so this was easy to occur. After I very carefully ensured that the spring tamper was fully "vertical" (in orientation to the circuit board) and nestled in the small dot molded into the top cover, things were good again.

As to the chime on both state changes, I'm sorry I don't know the answer to this but I suspect it's only when they change to violated. My announcements demonstrate the same behaviour to only work when going to open/not-ready.

Thanks @jcd for coming back to this! I did solve the problem though I honestly don't recall exactly what the issue was.

As far as the announcements - @Sandpiper I appreciate that advice. Can I have it just make the door opening "tone" from the keypads instead of a voice announcement?

Thank you both for the followup!

There is a rule for "beep keypad". I have never used it. You can experiment to see if that is what you want.

Back