Premise Serial commands

Motorola Premise

I'm having trouble trying to "learn" serial commands with premise. I have to use serial for AV components control. I've tried to follow instructions from help directory but it didn't work. I'm obviously doing something wrong. Please, help. Thank you.
======================
Can you give us some more specifics about what you are trying to do? What kind of device are you trying to control? There may be a module or driver already written to do what you need?

The "basic" support for serial devices provided by Premise is designed primarily for very simple serial commands to a device. In order to manage a complex set of device interactions, you might need to write your own module in VBScript or a native driver. The old premise forums have a bunch of modules and native drivers for a variety of devices.

-John
======================
And just for the record, Premise doesn't automatically "learn" or capture serial commands coming in from the device. You can, however, open up the Port Spy and see what's going back and forth, then enter in the command manually into the Generic Device.

Back