Home Assistant Home Assistant WGL Designs W800RF32 Integration

OK - I give up. I've wasted way to much of your time and my time and yours to get this working. I'll wait for the Sonoff bridge to get here and see how I can screw that up.

I wrote on the Home Assistant W800RF32 HA bug list that temporary fix that I did will probably be wiped out with an upgrade to the Home Assistant core.

That said the Sonoff Bridge converted to Tasmota has been working fine now for a couple of years now configured as posted above.

Suggestion ==> install and use the Tasmota administration app.

HACS ==> add-ons ==> add in store ==> TasmoAdmin

Tasmota RF Bridge

NOTE:
Attention ⚠️⚠️⚠️️ There are now 3 versions of the Sonoff RF Bridge 433: the R1 , R2 V1.0 and R2 V2.2.

Users reported limited success flashing Tasmota to R2 V2.2 and no known method to flash RF firmware at the moment.

Looked for hardware version on case and see none such that it is probably on the board.

SonoffBridge.jpg

There is an "el cheapo" version on Amazon for around $19. It is not Sonoff labeled but could be the older version of the radio hardware.

Yeah the radio in Version 2.2 will work only with Sonoff devices. That said many or most of the 433Mhz devices are Sonoff clones.

Does that mean I could flash the esp chip for tasmota but it would only work with sonoff (or clone) devices?
If so at least it could useful as a tasmota device and if my need of sensor / remote is small it may still work.

You can flash the ESP chip for Tasmota. You cannot flash the radio chip at this time with said hardware version.

Thats great. I'll revisit it tomorrow.
In the mean time, I found a hack for the V2.2 of the Sonoff RF.
See here:

and here:

I've completed this but I need a 433 sensor to test it. All the ones I have are old and the American frequency (300 something).
The only problem I am seeing with it is that if I reboot it sometimes it will not come up on the network.

Great news @George M

Personally here went with Sonoff style (EWink?) sensors and they have all worked fine.

The Kerui branded 433Mhz sensors are Sonoff and I use a few here and they work well. On Ebay typically paired with the Sonoff 433Mhz are sensors and keypads which you can purchase separately.

Hey Pete,
Been away for awhile doing family stuff.
I decided to try out the W880 again. Remember before how it said configurations had to be via yaml. Well now look at the message I get:

I started from scratch and followed your instructions including changing the manifest like was noted.
One thing is how do I specify the speed. It has to be 4800 or 9600 otherwise it wont receive any info.

Attachments

• error.jpg
    error.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 2
Here just left the manifest file configuration in the directory when updating the HA Core. Everything appears to be working as before.

Will remove the directory and try it again.

I think the speed settings are in the python script that runs for the integration.

Back