1-->0 Transitions IPINV

madmax

I have a Webcontrol32  Firmware Version: v04.02.14
 Digital Input 9 - Set to inverted in the config setting

This simple segment of code works fine.  Sets OP14 Low when IP9 is high for 5s.  If IP9 goes low for any period of time, OP14 goes high.

TSTEQ IP9[5000] 1
SET OP14 0    
TSTEQ IP9 0
SET OP14 1  

I'm simply trying to delay the off by replacing "TSTEQ IP9 0" with  "TSTEQ IPINV9[1000] 0" but it's not working.  OP14 goes low for a moment but will not stay on.  Any ideas?  "TSTEQ IPINV9[1000] 1" results in OP14 staying LOW forever.

IPx[y] and IPINVx[y] are detecting different TTL level transition.  One is from o-> 1, the other is from 1->0, It has to have that transition and stay for 5 seconds, then it will return the change.

CAI_Support said:
IPx[y] and IPINVx[y] are detecting different TTL level transition.  One is from o-> 1, the other is from 1->0, It has to have that transition and stay for 5 seconds, then it will return the change.

Thanks for the response.  I don't think this is working when the inputs and outputs are inverted.

TSTEQ IP9[5000] 1
SET OP14 0    
TSTEQ IPINV9[1000] 0
SET OP14 1  

When IP9 goes high, OP14 goes low.  Even when IP9 goes low for 1/2 hour, OP14 stays low.  IP9 0 works fine.

One way to try this is to watch how input value change and output from IPINVx on browser screen, that will help to know how that would result.
set VAR1 IP9
set VAR2 IP9[5000]
ser VAR3 IPINV9[5000]

Then change the IP9 from 1 to 0 and from 0 to 1 for different length of time to see the value change on VAR1, VAR2, and VAR3.

Thanks for the advice. I just tried this and VAR3 never changes from 0 no matter what I do:

TSTEQ IP9[5000] 1
SET OP14 0
TSTEQ IP9 0
SET OP14 1

set VAR1 IP9
set VAR2 IP9[5000]
set VAR3 IPINV9[1000]

Input 9 set to 1 for over 15 seconds
VAR1 = 1
VAR2 = 1
VAR3 = 0
OUT14 = 0

Input 9 set to 0 for over 15 seconds
VAR1 = 0
VAR2 = 0
VAR3 = 0
OUT14 = 1

Both input 9 and output 14 are set to "State Inverted"

We will check to see if under State Invert, then invert again delay would not function properly.
What is goal you want to achieve by having input Inverted, then check IPINV, instead of not invert input and directly check IPx[y]?

Thanks for looking into this. I'm pretty sure this is a bug though. My input is connected to an opto22 G4IDC digital Input module so when it's off, it's high. When the module is energized it goes low. I liked the invert option because it just reverses the logic of the opto22 module making it easier to understand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@madmax,

I think we found the problem.  Here is the update file:

For wc32 board only, download from this link:
http://www.cainetworks.com/support/download/wc32update040215.zip

There is no GUI change, so that you don't have to upload gui and api.
Thanks for reporting this problem to us.

Awesome. Thanks for the update!  I installed it earlier today and so far it's working as I would expect now.  One quick unrelated question -- I tried using a PoE splitter to supply power to the Webcontrol but it didn't work.  I read that the Webcontrol doesn't use all the ethernet pins so that likely explains why it's not working.  Are you aware of any 802.3af/at splitters that DO work with webcontrol?  Thanks

Thanks for the confirmation.  WC does only use two of the four pairs. Is that possible the wiring was not on the correct pair?  On the WC socket, unused pairs are grounded to reduce noise. If you have proper 100 BaseT wiring with only two pairs to the proper pins, it should work.

madmax said:
 Are you aware of any 802.3af/at splitters that DO work with webcontrol?

The webcontrol doesn't support endspan, unfortunately, and there's no way to change it. The connector has the magnetics integrated in it, so there's not even any way to solder on to the "unused" pins to achieve it.

Midspan splitters work fine, and there are a number of manufacturers make splitters that work with endspan switches. It's an ugly solution, but it works. I have a dozen of them around my place working like this:

IMG_2229.jpg

this kind of power splitter should work

Code:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Power-Over-Ethernet-Passive-POE-Injector-And-Splitter-For-All-Devices-DY-/262047015965

Thanks for the help CAI_Support and rossw.  So far, I've tested two 802.3af splitters on the Webcontrol32 and they did not work.  TRENDnet Gigabit Power over Ethernet (PoE) Splitter TPE-112GS is one that didn't work.  I'll have to check the model on the other.  The behavior is identical on the two.  The Webcontrol gets powered, but the data path appears to be interrupted because there is not even a link.  I have dozens of PoE devices on this switch without issues.  I'll try a few more 802.3af Splitters to see if I get it to work.  Thanks again!

madmax said:
The Webcontrol gets powered, but the data path appears to be interrupted because there is not even a link.  I have dozens of PoE devices on this switch without issues.  I'll try a few more 802.3af Splitters to see if I get it to work.  Thanks again!

Is this WC8 or WC32? Each have their own foibles!

The WC32 is particularly fussy about its handshake, and seems to dislike certain chipsets in switches. With my Mikrotik routers, it was reluctant to autonegotiate, and despite advertising it would accept 10 full and half, and 100 full and half, it wouldn't negotiate reliably on most of them. I couldn't get any of my WC32's to autonegotiate with any of my TP-LINK 10/100 or 10/100/1000 switches, yet they worked fine with a cheap netgear switch. (Irritating, as the TP-LINKs did PoE). Everything else in the place, including older WC8s were working fine with the same switch.

The WC8 I had problems with several (cheap) wireless bridges. The WC8 seems to only work with 10/HDX, and anything that doesn't work half duplex appears not to work at all. I can't remember if the WC8 does auto MDI/MDIX but I suspect not.

Back