1-->0 Transitions IPINV

Hi Ross,

As we have explained to you, WC32 works better with Netgear switches, somehow some TP-link switch and some other switches are not working. We are planning to work on it to find out why.

WC8 only works on 10 BaseT half duplex since it is handled by the main CPU, it does not support MDI/MDX. But if your switch support that, it should work fine. Since WC8 only advertising its one Ethernet speed on the network, it is totally up to switch how to handle it.

rossw said:
Is this WC8 or WC32? Each have their own foibles!

The WC32 is particularly fussy about its handshake, and seems to dislike certain chipsets in switches. With my Mikrotik routers, it was reluctant to autonegotiate, and despite advertising it would accept 10 full and half, and 100 full and half, it wouldn't negotiate reliably on most of them. I couldn't get any of my WC32's to autonegotiate with any of my TP-LINK 10/100 or 10/100/1000 switches, yet they worked fine with a cheap netgear switch. (Irritating, as the TP-LINKs did PoE). Everything else in the place, including older WC8s were working fine with the same switch.

The WC8 I had problems with several (cheap) wireless bridges. The WC8 seems to only work with 10/HDX, and anything that doesn't work half duplex appears not to work at all. I can't remember if the WC8 does auto MDI/MDIX but I suspect not.

rossw,

I was referring to the WC 32.  I am using a managed Juniper EX 4200PX switch.  I tried with a Trendnet 802.3af splitter and one other manufacturer and neither worked.  I'll have to tinker more.  Perhaps, forcing the port to a specific speed rather than auto negotiation.  The WC32 works fine on my switch, just not using a POE Splitter.  Kind of off as I have dozens of other devices that work fine with them.

Back