8 button scene switch

foxhome

Looking for advice on the best way to have an 8 button scene switch control multiple HAI switches.

I have it workiing via upstart but the status is not shown on snaplink. EX..button 1 is all internal on/off, works fine but snaplink does not see the correct status.

I want the light on the keypad to come on when activated and snaplink to show proper status.

The only way I have seen to keep everything in-sync is to use HLC mode.  So Leviton has 8-button "house" controllers and 6-button "room" scene controllers.  There are some tricks getting non-Leviton switches to work, or swapping the 6-button for the 8-button, or vise-versa, but overall, I would use it as Leviton intended unless you want lots of extra work. I use it like that, and its really nice. The buttons stay in=sync, and Snaplink generally works, but certainly, Snaplink could be better. 

If you use HLC, you should let the panel program the switches, assuming they are Leviton switches.  If not you can still do it with UpStart, but it takes some work. 

So you understand things, I would definitely START with HLC like it was designed.  If you don't like it, you can change it, but you first have to understand it.

If you are not going HLC, then good luck. It will take LOTS of programming for it to work.

Back