AC POWER OFF TRBL NOW

kaohao

I keep getting this message (sometimes with the FUSE TRBL NOW message as well) on my console. This is an omnipro II system. Everything else seems to be working ok. I've searched through related threads and tried detaching everything from the auxiliary power and other outputs but so far no dice. The problems seem to have begun when I hooked up a system sensor COSMO4DW interface module to the board. Thanks!

I keep getting this message (sometimes with the FUSE TRBL NOW

Thinking I posted here on the forum relating to this message.  I got it here when I updated an exterior horn and it was sucking too much power.  Replacing the horn with a Piezo loud low power horn fixed my issues.

Looking at the specifications of your Cosmo - 4 W (4 Wire) smoke doesn't indicate much of a draw.

I have a few 4-wire smokes here installed and do not have any issues with them.  It has been so long now I do not remember what brand they are.

Disconnect your Cosmo smoke sensor (and reversal relay module) and see if the problem goes away?

Then review your wiring to you OmniPro 2 panel.  Personally it was a PITA for me to wire them up. 

Did you follow the wiring diagram specific to using 4-wire smokes on the OmniPro2?

If not please do a quickie diagram on paper and scan it and post it here indicating what you used and how you wired it to your OmniPro 2 panel.

See here on the forum.
HAI and Altronix with DSC 4 Wire Smokes----HELP

4wiresmoke.gif

I would start by measuring the AC voltage at the terminals of the OP2 board.  Make sure you have at least 24VAC there.  If your system is trying to draw more power than the transformer can deliver, the voltage will drop, and could cause this problem.

The COSMOD4W doesn't require a lot of power, but if you have a short somewhere, that could overdraw the power supply.

Make the AC voltage measurement with and without the COSMOD4W connected and see if there is any difference. 

I was thinking that you could have a problem in the power wiring from the OP2 to the COSMOD4W, or perhaps from the COSMOD4W to the smokes themselves. It might not be a dead short, but something that is causing it to pull more current than the OP2 can supply.

The amber fault LED on the COSMOD4W indicates a problem in the alarm loop wiring to the smoke detectors, not the power.

Back