HAI Two-Way Voice Module Power

mattbuff5

On the Omnipro II does the two-way voice module power count towards the 1 AMP budget from SWITCH 12V, AUXILIARY 12V, CONSOLE, AND OUTPUTS 1-8?

I noticed the following statement, "SWITCH 12V, AUXILIARY 12V, CONSOLE, AND OUTPUTS 1-8 ARE INCLUDED IN THE TOTAL DEVICE LOAD, WHICH CANNOT EXCEED 1 AMP."

I'm using the HAI 10A11-1.

mattbuff5 said:
On the Omnipro II does the two-way voice module power count towards the 1 AMP budget from SWITCH 12V, AUXILIARY 12V, CONSOLE, AND OUTPUTS 1-8?

I noticed the following statement, "SWITCH 12V, AUXILIARY 12V, CONSOLE, AND OUTPUTS 1-8 ARE INCLUDED IN THE TOTAL DEVICE LOAD, WHICH CANNOT EXCEED 1 AMP."

I'm using the HAI 10A11-1.

That's a good question, I was just wondering that today. The doc says it takes up to 500mA which is a big chunk of the 1A limit.

I spoke with Technical Support today and they confirmed that the 500mA needs to be accounted for in the total board 1A budget, exclusive of the additional 1A Siren power budget.

mattbuff5 said:
I spoke with Technical Support today and they confirmed that the 500mA needs to be accounted for in the total board 1A budget, exclusive of the additional 1A Siren power budget.
Youch! Good to know, thanks for posting!

Back