Adding VRC0P-1LW to Z-Wave network with Aeon Labs Z-Stick (Series 2)

giesen

Has anyone been able to successfully join a Leviton VRC0P-1LW to a Z-Wave network with an Aeon Labs Z-Stick? I have a very small network of 3 Yale Z-Wave locks that I've successfully joined and controlled using the Z-Stick. However for the life of me I've been unable to get my VRC0P joined. I've tried using the Z-Stick on its own, and also joining using it from HomeSeer, ZTool, and InControl with no luck whatsoever. I put the VR0CP in programming mode (hold down the button for 5 seconds until the light blinks amber), but it doesn't even react to the join request.

I've tried factory resetting the VRC0P by holding the button down until the light flashes red (I've done that several times) but still no luck. Is there something I'm doing wrong? Or do I just need to cough up for a VRUSB-1US? Any suggestions/experiences with this?

I figured out the issue. The firmware on the VRC0P-1LW was corrupted. I fired up a Windows XP VM (since the flash loading software BSODs my Windows 7 machine) and reflashed it, and was able to add it to the network using the VRUSB-1LW I bought. I suspect it would have been able to join with the Z-Stick, but I'm not sure there's any way to associate devices to the serial port (you may be able to do it with serial commands, but the Vizia RF+ Installer software allows you to do it with Z-Wave).

The funny thing is it responded absolutely normally (both the button/LED and the serial port), so I suspect it was just the Zensys firmware that was corrupted.

I have a general question on the VRC0P-1LW.  In normal operating mode, should the green LED be solid or flashing? I have mine attached to a Leviton OMIPRO II - everything works, but I can't see to find in the documentation anything about the LED.
Thanks.

Here just moved the VRCOP next to the Zee-2 with the GPIO Z-Wave.me card.  Put the VRCOP in blinking mode and told Homeseer via the GUI to send the network to the VRCOP.  Worked fine.  It was just a guess to try this as I had been using the Leviton RF device prior to this. 

I did at one time try to connect to the VRCOP serially via Homeseer 3.  It did not recognize the device with HS3 but HS3 does see the VRCOP wirelessly which is odd to me.

I know you know that you cannot connect all those wireless doo whats (except for thermostats and locks) (Zigbee and Z-Wave) to the OmniPro panel eh?

IE: base lighting switches are UPB while I still utilize X10, Zigbee and Z-Wave.

The Zee GPIO device is in the attic and sees all of my Z-Wave devices while concurrently the VRCOP is in the basement of the two story home and sees all there too.

Here keep separate networks for Zigbee wireless sensors and only tinkering with this stuff as my base sensors are only wired to the OP2 and similarly to Homeseer these days.  These are connected to another Homeseer Z-Wave network (IE: Aeon stick) and Zigbee network (via some 3 Almond devices).  Also tinkering here with Smarthings and Alexa.  House is a sandbox of automation play things and divided up in to for use and for play networks.

Back