Alternative to Home Security Store?

Home Controls doesn't get enough mention - especially if you're on the west coast.  They've been around a LONG time and they have excellent service and support.  They also put out a nice catalog to flip through.  I've never had an issue with them and they go out of their way to use my preferred shippers even.

Work2Play said:
Home Controls doesn't get enough mention...
They just don't seem to sell much Honeywell or Vista 20p compatible stock.
EDIT: And what they do sell looks to be outdated stock numbers only, at least for the items I was looking at.

The news about HSS was a bit shocking to me.  In my completely biased opinion you need to be careful if you are considering ordering automation equipment from Amazon or Ebay.  Amazon ships fast and takes product back for a short time but then offers no warranty or support of any kind and many manufacturers don't do end user support.  Ebay sellers are OK but your mileage varies of course.  I've always heard good things about ASI and Automated Outlet over the years in the states and of course up here in Canada, I hope people will consider us - www.aartech.ca - we're a cocoontech vendor alliance member too :)

aartech said:
... and of course up here in Canada, I hope people will consider us - www.aartech.ca - we're a cocoontech vendor alliance member too :)
Ah, too late. I already bought almost all my stuff - reluctantly on Amazon and eBay. And enthusiastically on AlarmGrid. Looks like shipping to USA from Canada might be a pain - I couldn't tell from reading yer shipping policy over at www.aartech.ca. 

skeboni, yes cross border shopping can be a pain because of potential duties and brokerage fees and usually higher shipping.  So we tend to cater primarily to Canadian customers although we have some repeat customers out of the USA. Shipping is usually about $20-$25 (CDN) and orders under $200 don't tend to get hit with brokerage.  We always send a little message first outlining things before we ship outside of Canada.  Also our dollar tanked lately so some good deals in some cases ;-)

Thanks!

Work2Play said:
Home Controls doesn't get enough mention - especially if you're on the west coast. 
I mentioned them in post #10, and ordered from them today. Never have had a problem.

Back