Another Garage Door thread

blmxm

Having had three dirt bikes stolen through the garage man door last year WHILE we were at home, is why the garage is such an important area for us.
This is where I am concerning entry / exit through the garage. We like the ability to move between the house and the garage without arm/disarm cycles, so that door is primarily an interior zone. All garage entries are perimeter instant, and there is a motion detector set as burglar interior night. I use rules with a counter toggle to bypass the motion when armed to night instant, based on the contacts of the interior door. There is a nag message and a motion restored message as well to be sure of status. This allows free access without regard to stay mode type.

The garage is a toy box, workshop and workout room. One of the toys is my street bike, and the important person (spouse), would like to be able to back in to unload groceries when it's raining. So in an effort come up with a solution for us concerning the exit delay time, force armable and the other issues I have seen addressed here before, I have done the following.
I decided to use a wireless FOB. Basically to leave the system is left disarmed. The garage door is opened and I roll the bike back while she is warming up. This is really the only exit scenario we need. I have the FOB setup so when the lock button is pressed and the garage door is open, a timer to allow for door closing time is started, garage opener relay is strobed and after the timer runs out and the door shows secure, the system arms to night instant. This would allow for someone staying home while I go for a ride etc. A second task for departure functions the same but arms to the away mode for when we are both in the saddle. (lock & unlock buttons)

Then comes the how to get back in. We didn't want to give up the freedom of movement between the house and garage, but I also didn't like the idea of someone getting their hands on the FOB, and being able to disarm the whole system. Or the possibility of someone forcing you into the house without having the need to disarm, and chance to do so using the duress code I have setup for a silent response. So I have two zones setup for the door between the garage and living area. When relays 17 - 18 - 19 are off, the door is an interior, with relay 18's normally closed contacts shunting the delay zone. When task 11 is activated by the FOB unlock button, relay 19 is used to shunt the interior zone, 17 to switch the door contact to the delay zone, 18 to open that zone to the door contact. Then the garage door is opened with a strobe of relay 20. Whatever the arm mode of the system, it is switched to stay so the garage motion is out of the picture and someone at home won't set off interior motions. This allows one to enter through the now delayed zone. Now the one issue nagging at me here is I can’t seem to get the system to switch arming modes without first disarming it. In any case it seems the exit timer would start even if I could, just as if I changed it at the keypad. So I changed the "exit delay 1" to 10 seconds, and changed our normal entry/exit doors to delay 2. This keeps the timing close enough to avoid escalating circumstances by having an exit error initiate an alarm.

I intend to add a light flash outside to confirm both arming confirmation on exit, and receipt of unlock command.
I am also going to put in a timer that gives a fixed amount of time from when the garage is opened until you need to disarm the system. After it times out the lights will flash a warning, the garage door will close and all zones will re-arm. Since the task to open checks to see if relay 19 is on, a second press of the FOB unlock button will not result in any action until disarm has reset relay 19. So if someone is in there trying to cut the dirt bikes lose or something, they will be time constrained, and if they get closed in they will have to set off the alarm to exit.

So does anyone see holes or scenarios that I have overlooked? Better rules management to accomplish the same? All thoughts are welcome.

BYPASS GARAGE DOOR AND MOTION, OPEN DOOR,
SWITCH DOORWAY INTO HOME FROM INTERIOR ZONE TO ENTRY/EXIT DELAY ZONE.
Set output delay timer.
18 WHENEVER Enter garage (Task 11) IS ACTIVATED
AND AREA ARMED
AND Shunt Primary Zn (Out 19) STATE IS OFF
THEN SET grg entr dly (Counter 18) TO 8

Decrement output delay timer.
19 WHENEVER EVERY 1 SECONDS
AND grg entr dly (Counter 18) IS NOT EQUAL TO 0
THEN SUBTRACT 1 FROM grg entr dly (Counter 18)

Disarm. (Elk won't switch arm type. Must be disarmed first.)
20 WHENEVER grg entr dly (Counter 18) CHANGES TO 6
THEN DISARM AREA(S) 1 IMMEDIATELY

Shunt active zone. Bypass garage door. Arm to stay to allow entry.
21 WHENEVER grg entr dly (Counter 18) CHANGES TO 4
THEN TURN Shunt Primary Zn (Out 19) ON
THEN BYPASS Garage Door (Zn 7)
THEN ARM AREA(S) 1 TO STAY IMMEDIATELY

Switch zone to entry / exit delay zone.
22 WHENEVER grg entr dly (Counter 18) CHANGES TO 2
THEN TURN Switch grg Zone (Out 17) ON
Remove shunt from entry exit delay zone. Toggle garage opener relay.

23 WHENEVER grg entr dly (Counter 18) CHANGES TO 0
THEN TURN Shunt secondary (Out 18) ON
THEN TURN Grg opener (Out 20) ON FOR 2 SECS

Restore to primary zones and unbypass all.
24 WHENEVER Home (Area 1) ARM STATE BECOMES DISARMED
THEN UNBYPASS ALL BURGLAR ZONES IN Home (Area 1)
THEN TURN Switch grg Zone (Out 17) OFF
THEN TURN Shunt secondary (Out 18) OFF
THEN TURN Shunt Primary Zn (Out 19) OFF

EXIT THROUGH GARAGE AND ARM.
Night instant mode.
25 WHENEVER Ext grg nghtinst (Task 10) IS ACTIVATED
AND Garage Door (Zn 7) IS NOT SECURE
THEN TURN Garage o/c delay (Out 63) ON FOR 20 SECS
THEN TURN Grg opener (Out 20) ON FOR 2 SECS
EXIT THROUGH GARAGE AND ARM.
Away mode.
26 WHENEVER Ext grg away (Task 12) IS ACTIVATED