Anybody use the Elgato StreamDeck?

Since you have to add a nearby PC or at least a Rpi, I don't see the utility as a controller.  I have an old iPhone on the night stand for full control and a UPB 8 button keypad for quick control of my most used macros/scenes.

Yeah, I've got a few UPB keypads too, but at around $80 each, they're kinda' high.   I'm not paying $100 for this thing either, but like lots of things, once it goes on clearance for 30 bucks or so, I'd give one a try.  Hooking it up to an RPi would be an interesting idea if it's supported.  A couple of things in the video indicate a few negatives, i.e. the poor angle of visibility and if .gifs were supported would be cool.

Here utilized custom modded tabletop Intel SoC tablets which are Gb POE powered.  Running embedded Microsoft and SAPI and Homeseer Touch on each of these. 

Hardware has been modded a bit.  (EFI to Seabios, SSD instead of built in eMMC, RTC)

Night stand table tops can dim down to a glow at night and mostly the screens are in off mode during the night or glow time.  That said the master bedroom has 4 automated UPB light switches and two nightstand lamps are manual. (preferred).  I can do a direct connect of a UPB controller to the tablet and remote the serial connection to the mothership; works fine.

The tabletops also run Linux / Android / Homeseer Touch.  My preferences for remote hardware control and local SAPI though are using Microsoft.  Still utilize wireless X10 pads here and there.  They work fast for me, reasonably priced these days.

touch.jpg

o2.jpg

Back