Anyone monitoring Cameras with Synology OR QNAP?

I use BlueIris for another client - I'm actually building a new PC for that installation today to upgrade since we've added so many cameras - it gets the job done pretty well - but I don't think it's right for this client.

Work2play
  If you are going with Mobotix cameras have you looked at their IOS software, and the free desktop software? That is what I am currently using and find it adequate and simple to use, more importantly the wife uses it without complaint and that's saying something.

Hi,
    I have Omni Pro II and Synology DS411, as well as PC and MAC. I want to install camera's now outside. Since I am in east coast and have to go for camera's that can sustain negative temperatures. I know that if I go for Everfocus DCOR DVR and analog speco cameras (three STHT7246IHR, and one EFECOR2648D21T, just for the sake of it). I would be around $1400. Is it possible to go for IP camera's and use synology or my desktop for recording for less cost, considering similar camera's for IP?

It should be - it depends on just how cold you need to account for; there are many east coast members here that I'm sure could share their experience with cameras in below-freezing temperatures.  Worst case, there are heated enclosures available but I just don't think those are required in many of these cases for stationary cameras.

Just for comparison I just pulled the specs on the Grandstream GXV3672 and it's rated for -4F to 113F; even if you go outside that a little I'm sure things would be fine.

I was told to go at least up to -14F, apart from this, will I be able to see the streaming from the HAIKU/HAI app on iPhone, or I have to use the Synology app only?

I'm using my Synology with three 3-megapixel ACTi Power-over-Ethernet cameras and three 1-megapixel Trendnet wireless cameras. I use on-camera motion detection to minimize network bandwidth usage.  The setup works flawlessly; much more reliable than a PC-based solution and more features than consumer-level NVRs.  The iOS app has been flawless as well. 

The only downside is the $50/camera license for each camera you add beyond the 2 included licenses.  Once I got over that, I purchased a license pack off of eBay, installed it, and have had no regrets.

I'm happy with the ACTi exterior dome cameras.  They worked in negative temperatures this past winter and have a built-in SD card that is a backup source for recorded video.  HikVision cameras as the best value for the price; I would go with either HikVision or ACTi if I were to purchase now.  NetworkCameraCritic.com and wrightwoodsurveillance.com are great resources.

Hi,
I am considering grand steam gxv3662 and gxv3672 camera for outside monitoring. I have omnipro II, how do I integrate this with omnipro II such that I can see the stream on haiku? Or else if this can not be done, then what people do?

Back