Baby Camera with Audio & Video

chilump

I am getting the nursery together and I want to setup a camera that would allow me watch the baby from another room and most important hear the baby when she is crying. Are there cameras out there that support audio and video?

I am currently controlling my automation system through my Vista Media Center (mControl) so I was hoping that I could use the mControl brower as the interface. If you don’t think that will work I am open to other solutions.

Thanks!

Thanks for the link.
I too am a few months away from my next little one. We are still using and older version of this one for my 2.5 year old. I played with the video output early on and decided it was worthless. The video part just died recently, but the audio still works fine. The humming squelch noise is a bit annoying, but not too bad at lower volumes. It gets blasts of static when any Insteon signal is sent. I assume this is the Insteon wireless bridge interfering with the wireless transmission, but who knows.

The Zonet looks like just the ticket for the next nursery. I just wish it was not a windoze only device. :rolleyes:

The Zonet IP cameras may meet your needs. The have audio and video (under windows) and are IP-based. Here is a quick review:
http://www.carltonbale.com/2008/08/review-...network-camera/

Sounds like mustangcoupe didn't really get the answers he was looking for... I know I didn't either (my little one is now 6 weeks old, and should be transitioning to her own room soon)...

Personally I still want something decent and wired that I can run into a decent DVR as well as split out to the TV's and monitors around the house but I'm also kinda cheap :rolleyes: - but I want good very low-light visibility plus color during the day (I think I prefer non IR) with sound...

Not to hijack the original thread though... it just sounds like a few of us still have questions.

Of course, it also looks like the new wireless with flat panel systems at Baby's R Us look pretty decent, and would be much easier - but what fun would that be? :)

Been here, done this, a couple of different ways.

The house was pre-wired with home run RG6 back to a central location--that helps!

Crib Cam: Q-See Night vision (Links at bottom), connected to a RF modulator on Channel 65. RF output to the RG6 back to the closet, and connected to the "Modulator in" on a Channel Vision 8 way distribution module. Camera is wall mounted, with plastic wire channel protecting the wire from prying hands reaching through the crib bars.

toddler cam: another QSee, mounted up high in the room, FOV = bed and play area--one small area is unobserved. Connected to wiring closet via 100' A/V cable (QSee as well) and connected to Holland 3 way RF modulator on Channel 73. RF out to the ANT in on the distribution module.

Note: I have DirectTV and a couple of DVRs also connected to teh Modulator on different channels ( 65 and 71). These are standard DVRs in the closet, controlled via IR.

The neat part--with dual tuners (even one external like a DVD-R that has a tuner), most new TVs have PIP of some sort....TV+one cam, or both cams, etc. Naturally, once the video is in RF, you can send it to a DVD-R, or VCR, etc.

The IR on the cameras is enough--it doesn't light the whole room up in the dark, but the center FOV is pretty good--enough to be able to follow the little guy easily when he gets out of bed and walks out of normal view to the door, etc.

Q-SEE cameras

Back