Best home automation controller for wifi and IoT

bucko said:
I came from a Vera 1 and 2 that I pounded away at for 5 years before throwing in the towel and getting with Hubitat. 
While NO controller is perfect, Hubitat has all the hallmarks of a controller that just works. Fast, powerful, hugh community support, great price point, great Elk M1 integration, LAN based, no cloud dependancy, secure, and well supported by the company, don't have to be a coder to make it work, stable and reliable.
That's the end of it for me. It's just that simple.
Wait are you referring to the same Hubitat hub that has to be rebooted nightly to be stable and has almost weekly DB corruption requiring soft reset and restore otherwise it slows to a crawl until it finally falls over?  Is this the same Hubitat hub you're referring to as "just works" and is stable and reliable?  If so I was just checking....

Hubitat used to be those things (well it was NEVER powerful) but hasn't been for many many months after rule machine v4 and system overhaul to appease the mobile crowd wanting an app and dashboards.  Not sure at which point exactly the system went downhill but it has yet to rise up again.

bucko said:
My hub is still the same. Stable. No reboots or DB corruption. Just works as before.
That's great!  I can say the same with my 2 hubs but I don't run rules on them which seems to be the common problem.  Which makes Hubitat a good device controller but not so great for automation if it's not reliable. 

simplextech said:
That's great!  I can say the same with my 2 hubs but I don't run rules on them which seems to be the common problem.  Which makes Hubitat a good device controller but not so great for automation if it's not reliable. 
I have many RM 4 rules. All working very stable.

Back