Brultech ECM-1240 Software Development

I will begin work shortly on a version of tenEcmCharts that will have a web server built in for viewing EcmCharts anywhere.

I'm almost finished with a new version of tenEcmServer that will support two ECMs simultaneously. If anyone can help test, let me know.

tenholde

Does this app only run on windows? If so, would it be an easy port to Mono to get it running on *nix/*BSD? I don't have any windows dedicated windows servers laying around, just the VM on my laptop.

I will begin work shortly on a version of tenEcmCharts that will have a web server built in for viewing EcmCharts anywhere.

I'm almost finished with a new version of tenEcmServer that will support two ECMs simultaneously. If anyone can help test, let me know.
That is nice for those that don't run RRD/Cacti, but I would still live to get the data into Cati somehow so that I can create graphs mixing electric usage, temperatures, solar load, and the binary state of HomeSeer 1.7 items. Maybe some sort of CSVlogger with a single line output of current and summation data that can be slurped in?

What are the requirements for the two ECMs? serial? radio?

tenEcmServer will read data from either the ethernet or a serial port, or both. You could have one ECM on a serial port and another using an Etherbee. Or, you could have 2 ECMs using Etherbee. Or, you could have 2 ECMs using a single serial port via a zigbee dongle.

tenholde

Right now, tenEcmDbLogger writes a record to an SqlLite database once an hour. I could have it also write the data to a CSV file each hour and then call an external program that retrieves the data to insert wherever you want. I don't know anything about Cati. If someone wants to work with me on this, I'll work to get the hourly data out of tenEcmDbLogger in some way for you to use it.

That is nice for those that don't run RRD/Cacti, but I would still live to get the data into Cati somehow so that I can create graphs mixing electric usage, temperatures, solar load, and the binary state of HomeSeer 1.7 items. Maybe some sort of CSVlogger with a single line output of current and summation data that can be slurped in?

tenEcmServer will read data from either the ethernet or a serial port, or both. You could have one ECM on a serial port and another using an Etherbee. Or, you could have 2 ECMs using Etherbee. Or, you could have 2 ECMs using a single serial port via a zigbee dongle.
But NOT two ECMs, each on their own serial port? That is OK, I just need to know what to order.

It wouldn't take much to modify the script for pyecm and have it insert the data into a RRD. The script already does the heavy lifting, you would just need to replace the mysql insert statements with RRD insert statements.

The RRD definitely seems like a good way to store data - I like the idea of being able to insert unknown values instead of 0 if the device is not communicating.

That is correct. You can have one serial port open and ethernet at the same time.
tenholde

But NOT two ECMs, each on their own serial port? That is OK, I just need to know what to order.

Anyone having trouble with the new interface/firmware software? The newest version gets some kind of "NTDVM" illegal instruction errors when trying to install, and trying to load the new firmware with the older software says it can't find a "firm.com" file.

The new docs don't finish the "troubleshooting" section.

Any ideas?

Anyone having trouble with the new interface/firmware software? The newest version gets some kind of "NTDVM" illegal instruction errors when trying to install, and trying to load the new firmware with the older software says it can't find a "firm.com" file.

Any ideas?

Are you talking about the software to flash the Brultech?

Any ideas?

Yep, the newest (July 12) ECM'1240 interface software gets errors when installing, and the older version gives me an install error seems to want a "firm.com" file.

Any ideas?

Yep, the newest (July 12) ECM'1240 interface software gets errors when installing, and the older version gives me an install error seems to want a "firm.com" file.

Let me look into that right now.

Paul

Any ideas?

Paul

Has anyone else had problems installing the newest IA software application? I have just tried it on a virgin Vista system and it installed OK.

I will post the exe file of the latest version. Place it in the same directory as you old version and make sure the "firm.com" is present in the directory.

Paul

Any ideas?

Paul

Has anyone else had problems installing the newest IA software application? I have just tried it on a virgin Vista system and it installed OK.

I will post the exe file of the latest version. Place it in the same directory as you old version and make sure the "firm.com" is present in the directory.

Paul

Latest version installs OK (XP, SP3). How do we tell what is an "old" unit versus a newer one? to choose the right setup to load the firmware?

Any ideas?

Paul

Paul

Latest version installs OK (XP, SP3). How do we tell what is an "old" unit versus a newer one? to choose the right setup to load the firmware?

If the firmware doesn't load automatically then you will need to use method #2 (using the switches). You can't hurt anything by trying the command method.

Paul

Back