Brultech Software Sneak Peak

Another option is a software serial port splitter like this Serial Port Splitter. A little pricey at $129 but extremely useful. I'm considering purchasing to ease driver development for CQC and doing things like this thread is talking about, 2 software packages, one serial port.
- Ben

Check out this:

http://com0com.sourceforge.net/

Look for hub4com. It allows you to do what you want.

Thanks for the tip, I'll be giving this a try, I like free!

I've got it installed and it's pretty sweet. Much much better than getting your graphs through Wattzon. I never did try TenECM, so I can't compare it to that.

It doesn't appear that you can run the ECM Engine as a windows service at this point though, which means that if you reboot the server, you'll have to manually log in and start it. And the power graph stops updating at the end of each hour, requiring either a manual page reload, or a change of the hour display control at the bottom left corner of the page.

My power cost calculator looks a bit out of whack also, way too low. I manually set my cost per KWH in the ECM Engine, but the calculation doesn't seem to match up properly. Maybe I'm interpreting it wrong.

The field for the power cost has a "$" in front of it. But, the field requires the cost entered in cents, not dollars. So I had to put 5.875 instead of 0.05875. Now my cost calculations are coming in correctly.

I wish I had this running last month. I have all of last month's data logged to a database, so I'll have to go through it. My electric bill was $302 last month and I need to figure out why. I'm guessing part of it is the 30 year old commercial freezer in the garage that decided to never shut off, and my server rack that draws 700W+ 24/7. :/

I've got a second meter going in that is strictly for electric heat and is only 2 cents/kwh. So I have to figure out a way to calculate costs separately for it. I'll basically have two main feeds, so I need to be able to add those together for graphing purposes, graph them separately, and still have all of the math work out.

The ECM Engine uses SQLite for a database. You can't connect to it remotely. But I did some poking around, and if you need remote access to it, you can install SQLiteServer.

Another thing I noticed is that I turned on Automatic Updates on Windows, and when the box rebooted after an update, the app restarted but was not in Listen mode. So I lost 8 hours worth of data until I noticed it and started it.

Did anyone notice this in
ECM Engine ver 1.08 Beta

‘View Data’ tab
The legend on the left shows:

CH1 Watt
CH1 Amps
CH2 Watt
CH2 Amps

But the data in the device A column shows

23.4 A
0.1 A
3160 W
9 W

The legend on the left SHOULD show:

CH1 Amps
CH2 Amps
CH1 Watts
CH2 Watts

ECM Engine ver 1.08 Beta

‘View Data’ tab

CH1 Watt
CH1 Amps
CH2 Watt
CH2 Amps

23.4 A
0.1 A
3160 W
9 W

CH1 Amps
CH2 Amps
CH1 Watts
CH2 Watts

Yes, I reported this to Brultech. I also reported:
- The installer for the ECM Engine puts a shortcut on the desktop even when I tell it not to in the setup program. In fact, the installers for all of the ECM and Etherbee configuration tools do that when told not to (minor issue)
- The autoupdating chart stops refreshing at the end of each hour and either requires a manual reload of the page, or a click on the "View current" button.

ECM Engine ver 1.08 Beta

‘View Data’ tab

CH1 Watt
CH1 Amps
CH2 Watt
CH2 Amps

23.4 A
0.1 A
3160 W
9 W

CH1 Amps
CH2 Amps
CH1 Watts
CH2 Watts

Yep, I'm noticing a couple of mis-matched labels too. Overall seems very promising. An "all-in-one" installer might be an advantage, as adding the requisite "parts" to Windoze is like getting a new car and finding out that the wheels and transmission were not included...

When I attempted to install the Cassini Web Server, I kept getting an Error Code 2869.
I turned off my UAC in Vista and the error goes away.

When I go to http://localhost:9009 the dashboard loads with my circuit names but I never get any data.
Any ideas?

When I attempted to install the Cassini Web Server, I kept getting an Error Code 2869.

When I go to http://localhost:9009 the dashboard loads with my circuit names but I never get any data.
Any ideas?

Is the ECM Engine running and collecting data? You need to start this, get it collecting data, and set it to log to a database (just a checkbox). It took me awhile to get this working. After pulling my hair out for about 15 mins, I power cycled the 1240, and then it started working. I had my 1240 flake out one other time also when I was messing with settings and it required a power cycle that time also before it would start sending valid data again.

Any ideas?

Is the ECM Engine running and collecting data? You need to start this, get it collecting data, and set it to log to a database (just a checkbox). It took me awhile to get this working. After pulling my hair out for about 15 mins, I power cycled the 1240, and then it started working. I had my 1240 flake out one other time also when I was messing with settings and it required a power cycle that time also before it would start sending valid data again.

I found Brultech has posted an updated version of the ECM Engine. Version 1.11.
It fixed the problem with not being able to save the cost per kilo watt and added a database write status.
Yes, I verified my ECM engine is logging to the database.
I will try the power cycle.

Installed both the new Engine and Dashboard, but the Dashboard now wants a "Product Key"...
I ran into the same problem, the first version filled that in automatically, but for some reason this one did not, to resolve it I simply re-installed the first one copied the product key down, uninstalled it and reinstalled the newer version. I don't want to post the key in case it is unique to each system, or if Brultech does not want the keys posted.

I am guessing once Paul reads this he will probably release a new version with the key integrated or post the key on the website.

Geoff

Installed both the new Engine and Dashboard, but the Dashboard now wants a "Product Key"...
I ran into the same problem, the first version filled that in automatically, but for some reason this one did not, to resolve it I simply re-installed the first one copied the product key down, uninstalled it and reinstalled the newer version. I don't want to post the key in case it is unique to each system, or if Brultech does not want the keys posted.

I am guessing once Paul reads this he will probably release a new version with the key integrated or post the key on the website.

Geoff

That did the trick, thanks:)

Any ideas?

I found Brultech has posted an updated version of the ECM Engine. Version 1.11.
It fixed the problem with not being able to save the cost per kilo watt and added a database write status.
Yes, I verified my ECM engine is logging to the database.
I will try the power cycle.

I tried the power cycle but I still don't have any data in the charts. :)

Back