Building an entertainment center

I think you can get then in almost ANY electronics store: best buy, circuit city, radio shack etc. They might go under a differant name though.

Ok cool, I'll have to check into that. I've heard of these types of things, but have never actually seen one. I want to use my Direct TV in the bedroom, without buying another receiver. Right now I've got the RCA jack going to my TV in the living room, and the coax going to my computer room LOL

Radio Shack also sells 8in1 universal remotes which support RF, for around $30 bucks, so might be cheaper to get one of those. They are true learning remotes and pretty cool, I have one of them. If I am not mistaken, the part numbers are 15-2116 (without RF), and 15-2117 (with RF), both are the same price, but the RF ones are usually hidden behind the counter, while the 15-2116's are on display.

Those Radio Shack numbers are correct, however the RF is out. I'm very seriously considering buying something to do this. I want to be able to watch the satelite dish in the bedroom, using the same receiver located in the living room. They are side by side, so the distance won't be a problem using RF, its well within the range. Would the remote be the best option for the cash? Or should I go with a repeater? Also, how do these things hook up? I mean, do they use RCA jacks and wire directly, or does the repeater just recieve the RF, and then send an IR signal to the receiver? In which case it would have to be installed in line of site to the receiver, correct? I want to learn a bit about them before I go in search of, and buy something that isn't desired LOL You know I'll be calling you electron! LOL

Martin, I hope you don't mind me calling you by your first name, I appologize if you do. Do you carry the remotes like the one electron discussed earlier? I didn't see one when looking at the site.

Not sure if I can trust my own craftsmanship to thousands of dollars worth of A/V equipment. ;) :lol:

Please, use the first name!

I do carry a lot of remote controls. That 8 in 1 mentioned (UR24A/PUR08) is no longer made. It has been replaced by the PUR09 that doesn't have as many functions (go figure!). I have another customer request to get some and I'm currently checking some remote x10 warehouses..... I'm hoping to come up with a few.

I'll let you know if I find some.

Thanks,

Martin

Just got the reply from X10.

We no longer sell the UR24A, nor do we have any for sale left in the warehouse. I guess there are a few (less then a dozen), that we hold onto for warranty replacements and the such.

Go figure! Looks as if I'll wind up paying $10 more for the repeater then. Not that its a big deal, but I really didn't need them, the remote would have worked great. Oh well, such is life. Thanks!

you still can get the ones from RadioShack if you really want that learning remote with RF capability.

Back