Can Somebody Explain What This Does?

Just thought of another Polisys question: Does this box add calendar functions to an ISY994? (Internal not linked to Google calendar or some such). I never understood why the ISY994 was designed with no ability to do calendar functions such as "if time is x and date is between y and z then..." Very annoying to have to go in and manually enable and disable Xmas and Halloween programs each year.

upstatemike said:
Just thought of another Polisys question: Does this box add calendar functions to an ISY994? (Internal not linked to Google calendar or some such). I never understood why the ISY994 was designed with no ability to do calendar functions such as "if time is x and date is between y and z then..." Very annoying to have to go in and manually enable and disable Xmas and Halloween programs each year.
AFAICT, PolISY doesn't add anything to the functions. It is just amove to get all their software into one box with more power and user accessibility to parts inside.

Dates have always been available inside ISY programming. With V5.x I have been using year wildcard programming for Christmas lighting and other special occasions. v5.x added access to system times and dates. There is also some google calendar node server for PolyGlot somebody wrote but I haven't seen a need or had the energy to play with it yet.
I try to avoid google as much as possible these days, anyway. They already scrape my wife's emails and things magically show up in her calendar from email arrangements. Cool, but scary.

I guess if I was on 5.x I would have known dates were now available. I need to get there before I can use Polyglot so I better schedule some time to do that update (migration?) 

This release note does not inspire me to want to do this any time soon:

[SIZE=7pt]      [/SIZE]Upgrading from an ISY 4.x version to this version may require a lot of manual intervention including verifying scenes, programs and program settings are correct.  The 5.x ISY firmware and the data files it uses has changed drastically from 4.x

This thread also makes me wonder just how badly I really want to undertake this:

https://forum.universal-devices.com/topic/26381-upgrade-from-473-to-5015a-task-list/

Maybe I don't really need Polisys/Polyglot that much after all.

upstatemike said:
I guess if I was on 5.x I would have known dates were now available. I need to get there before I can use Polyglot so I better schedule some time to do that update (migration?) 

This release note does not inspire me to want to do this any time soon:

[SIZE=7pt]      [/SIZE]Upgrading from an ISY 4.x version to this version may require a lot of manual intervention including verifying scenes, programs and program settings are correct.  The 5.x ISY firmware and the data files it uses has changed drastically from 4.x

This thread also makes me wonder just how badly I really want to undertake this:

https://forum.universal-devices.com/topic/26381-upgrade-from-473-to-5015a-task-list/

Maybe I don't really need Polisys/Polyglot that much after all.
LOL! I undertook the task when v5.0.0 came out and it wasn't that bad. UDI marks all the programs  and items that they couldn't adapt properly with other colours, and most of it was adapted properly anyway and I just had to delete the comments.

The beta label was a bad move on UDIs part but I understand it is because the Zwave devices descriptor tables will never be complete. UDI wants to separate the device tables from the firmware so new items won't keep the ISY firmware in beta forever.

Back