Can't Connect to Elk M1 G via remote telephone

chuckfa

I can't access the m1 via telephone remotely (works fine locally though). Globals set and the m1 answers and asks for access code after I send the *** command. However it hangs up in about 15 seconds without sending me to the greeting as it did when I connected via phone locally. Ideas?

Are you attempting the remote using a regular landline phone or a cellphone? If it's a cellphone then it's possibly that the DTMF tones just aren't long enough to be recognized. To be certain see if a landline phone is successful. FYI: Most cellphones have a settings option to extend the DTMF tones. Hope this helps.

I agree about the long DTMF tones.

Also verify line seizure is correct and no other component in the premises has the same basic sequence (*) for access.

Only on the system is a phone and it does not have any *** requirements. I have tried both cell and land lines over thee past 24 hours without being able to get the m1 to respond to thee security code. It accepts the *** then prompts me to input the code nothing after that.

I have been trying to figure out how th chage the tones on my Iphon, but since the landline can't conneect I doubt this is the isssue.

Back