Carrier Infinity

A few more choice pieces of info I found tonight.

Outside Air Temperature
Temperature was 49 deg
                                      temp
20 01 50 01 10 00 00 06  -  00 3e 01 [03 10]

2017-03-12 18:30:13,484 DEBUG Carrierlogger [EventThread /dev/ttyUSB0] READLOOP buffer:26

0000: 20 01 50 01 10 00 00 06  -  00 3e 01 03 10 02 fc 03      .P......>.....
0016: ff 03 ff 00 00 01 01 3c  -  a8 3e                       .....<ᄄ>

Fan Speed and CFG
In the following frame…
2017-03-13 18:34:37,393 DEBUG Carrierlogger [Read Thread]  Data: 23 Rcv buffer:
0000: 20 01 40 01 0d 00 00 06  -  00 03 06 01 04 4b 04 2d      [email protected]
0016: 01 a4 06 40 08 7d 55                                    .ᄂ.@.}U

RPM     CFM
0000: 20 01 40 01 0d 00 00 06  -  00 03 06 01 [04 4b] [04 2d]      [email protected]

I didn't see any dupes of this info so I'm adding it.

Al

hi again, my use of infinitude took a backseat to other things going on in my life.
@skidmark - looks like you might have been working on something?

Given that carrier now have an Alexa (amazon echo) skill I was wondering if they had opened up a restful API yet?

I haven't looked at the restfull interface stuff at all yet. As a matter of fact I haven't even spent much time on the java code lately cause I keep forgetting to put a terminating resistor on the connector plugged into the Raspberry Pi. My thermostat starts getting a lot of comm's errors I think whenever I power the Pi off. I've added the resistor now. I need to go back out to the AC and reconnect the cable to the RS422 lines so I can get back to development.

Al

Thank you everyone for all the great information.  Unfortunately, it appears all of the protocol dumps that are linked to from this thread are no longer there.  I am looking for the commands to initialize a Bryant condenser, set it to stage 1 and stage 2, and turn it back off.

The only part of my system with ABCD inputs is the Bryant 598B condenser.  My Ecobee thermostat was connected to the Y1/Y2 inputs on it, but lighting fried those inputs.  The LED on the board says it passed all self-tests and is just waiting for commands from the thermostat, and I can see the thermostat sending power to Y1/Y2, but it is not getting through.  I'd like to try to control it via the ABCD inputs.  If I can get that working then I can use my home automation system to control it, instead of having to replace the control board.

Thank you.

Pascal said:
Thank you everyone for all the great information.  Unfortunately, it appears all of the protocol dumps that are linked to from this thread are no longer there.  I am looking for the commands to initialize a Bryant condenser, set it to stage 1 and stage 2, and turn it back off.

The only part of my system with ABCD inputs is the Bryant 598B condenser.  My Ecobee thermostat was connected to the Y1/Y2 inputs on it, but lighting fried those inputs.  The LED on the board says it passed all self-tests and is just waiting for commands from the thermostat, and I can see the thermostat sending power to Y1/Y2, but it is not getting through.  I'd like to try to control it via the ABCD inputs.  If I can get that working then I can use my home automation system to control it, instead of having to replace the control board.

Thank you.

I doubt that it will work, if you do not have a thermostat connected, than your ABCD bus not used. Connect a Bryant thermostat to it to see if it works.

Cocooner,

I realize this may be way beyond a usable timeframe to respond at this time but why didn't you simply put a CT(current transformer) on the AUX heat module and write a simple monitor to see how often its used. You application of alarming on aux heat doesn't need to use the infinity protocol at all.

I recently acquired an infinity air handler and variable speed heat pump. I personally do not like the infinity thermostat and plan to do something entirely different. I will talk directly to the VFD in my condenser, control the ECM fan, and EXV independently of the carrier board but since the communication to the blower motor is difficult at best to understand I'm trying to communicate to the board to vary the airflow rather than rip it out.

The motor communication is at strange baud rates and it may be easier for me to simply tell the board what to do since it will provide RPM, cfm etc.

Has anyone successfully initiated communications, and commanded a unit to do something without the thermostat in the picture?

Hey everyone,

I'm in process of building a new house. I am planning on using Home Assistant...

I have searched everywhere, but I'm not finding a couple of things :-(

1) The HVAC contractor has recommended installing a Bryant Evolution (Similar to Carrier Infinity). I have found infinitude as a connection point. Reading everything I can....
- I found a getting started guide beyond installing infinitude into Home Assistant.
- I could not find how to configure Infinitude to talk with the the HVAC system :-(

2) LastIy, will have three HVAC systems. Two for the house and one for the Casita (Guest house). Does Infinitude allow for this?

I appreciate your insight!

phil

Back