[CES] 2006 Exclusive Update

Squintz, could you elaborate on your system setup a little?
I'm not sure I understand the question yet.

I am just a little confused as to what you need to configure when programming the remote. Z-wave devices have to be added to the network before they can be controlled remotely. This means that some devices needs to act as the primary remote control and all devices are then added to that controller. The controller I used to add my devices to my network is a USB controller. So right now my primary controller is that usb controller.

Now what I want to know is that if I add a device to the z-wave network using my USB controller, will I still be able to control it with your remote control. Usually this is done by copying the data from the primary controller to the secondary controller. So I want to know if your controller will allow me to copy another controller.

The thing that is throwing me off is that your screenshot you posted show the setup of a window covering or the control of a window covering. I guess what I am after is an explaination of how simple or hard it is to incorporate the moster remote into an exsiting network?

Squintz,
Which USB controller are you using? I think I assumed that this remote would take place of the master remote? Then this data would be loaded into the controller at the PC?

I understand the question now. Thanks for the clarification. You program the remote via a web setup. Its a add device, room scenario. After you do that the remote walks you through the home pairing to the z-wave devices that you specified in the web setup. The screen will direct you towards the modules that you defined during setup.

Does that make sense?

Back