Changing state of a zone from Not Ready to Ready

ano said:
Good work. So I'm assuming you found your EOL resistor? 
Yep,  wired the resistor in parallel according to the image previously posted.  I couldn't understand the use of the resistor since I have a very minimal electronics background.  I thought that the zone would ALWAYS be in the ready state since the resistor was connected to the + and - terminals of the zone and that closing the relay  would have no effect on changing the state of the zone.  Well, I was wrong.  Wiring in parallel as you suggested for a NO open relay does work correctly.

Thanx!

Hello everyone!  I'm struggling with this same issue but I can't seem to get over the hump.  I have connected my holding tank alarm to an input on my expander board.  I had a resister in series and everything worked fine, but it was "opposite".  It was always in the not ready state.  It flipped to the Secure state when the alarm tripped.  I'm looking to wire it correctly.  I removed the EOL resister and simply installed it on the - and + terminals which I believe is in parallel.  That said, it still states "not ready" and the loop is around 36.  Could anyone shed some light on what i'm doing wrong in this example? 

Here have my EOL resistors wired in series on the common side of a zone.

It is important that you utilize a 1K resistor for the OmniPro panel zones.

The only time I have seen odd loop values are when I wasn't using a 1K resistor or the wires being compromised or a break/short in the wires of a stretched door frame.

There should be no voltage source on the switch end - just an open or close with no voltage on the holding tank alarm.

If there is then just have the holding tank alarm control a solenoid.

bkiedro said:
Hello everyone!  I'm struggling with this same issue but I can't seem to get over the hump.  I have connected my holding tank alarm to an input on my expander board.  I had a resister in series and everything worked fine, but it was "opposite".  It was always in the not ready state.  It flipped to the Secure state when the alarm tripped.  I'm looking to wire it correctly.  I removed the EOL resister and simply installed it on the - and + terminals which I believe is in parallel.  That said, it still states "not ready" and the loop is around 36.  Could anyone shed some light on what i'm doing wrong in this example? 
So the Omni is a bit like Goldilocks.  If a zone is not just right, it will be trouble or not-ready.  And it works with normally open sensors and normally closed. 

First lets check the expansion board. Place a 1K resistor across the two terminals for the zone you are working with. It should report "secure" and have a number around 146. (137 to 157 is OK.)

So does that work??? 

If that works, then how you wire the EOL resistor depends on holding tank switch, normally closed or normally open? 

As Pete says, maybe your holding tank signal is not a switch, maybe its providing power.  Are you SURE its a switched contact designed to be monitored? 

Hey Guys,
Thank you so much for the quick response.  I figured it out...  As Pete and Ano mentioned, the circuit that i was connecting to had power on it.  I have a new contact board coming this week, so I should be in good shape then.  I appreciated the suggestions and nudging!

Back