Class action suit against DirectTV as the HD content well isn't...

huggy, I am not recalling the 80' 90's tech fiasco? but with ya on giants milkin it.

BTW, never thought W was the bad guy either, LOL.

The thing that bothers me most about all this HD hoopla is that the private corps and the public are being forced to change in a year, and the technology groups have done basically nothing to ease the transition or make things more compatible. There used to be two standards - NTSC and PAL. and many TVs could go either way. Now what a mess. A digital mess.

Remember when the IT industry screwed themselves in the 80's and 90's with all the tech specs and basically made everyone a liar (depending on how you looked at it, of course)? Now it's happening all over again with this TV fiasco. And soon Joe Smoe won't be able to buy a TV and hook it to his A/V receiver.

At this point all I can say is: watch out for Wal-Mart cause they'll figure out how to capitalize on this pronto... and then all but the richest of us will be in trouble! ;-)

And if you think that's funny, remember: Wal-mart is protecting us from the likes of Bruce Springsteen by not selling his new album. and you thought just George W was the bad guy...

I'm not going to start in on politics on this great site, but let's just agree to disagree on George W...

As far as the February 2009 switch to digital, I don't understand the big deal about it. First, it has nothing to do with HD. It's just the end of analog television transmissions. SD sets with digital tuners will work just fine. Analog sets hooked up to cable or satellite will be fine, also, and don't need to be changed. OTA households will need to change their TVs to a new set (even inexpensive sets will be able to receive digital OTA signals) or an inexpensive converter box will be needed, and there are coupons available to help defray the cost.

The switch to digital broadcast and the end of analog is not a surprise sprung on us at the last minute. It's been in the works for years and the date was pushed back at least once. TVs are inexpensive commodity items that many families replace regularly as technology progresses.

Here's a government website that will help to clear the FUD about DTV: http://www.dtv.gov/consumercorner.html

Have a great day!

Kevin

That's just another of the easy misconceptions that still exist....that digital == "high def" == digital, which isn't the case. I have no real hopes that the lawsuit will clear things up for anyone...probably nothing will until the manufacturers decide they're tired of the consumer confusion too.

Why doesnt the guy just cancel his Directv subscription and go with somebody else? Or start his own satellite company?

Back