Controlling UPB switch Status LED with OmniPro?

It occurred to me that I should be able to control the Status LED on the front of a UPB switch using the Omni, similar to the House and Room panel button LEDs. 

Setting it to various on/off options using UPstart is straightforward enough, but changing those options (or the LED status itself) from OmniPro programming hasn't been successful.

The PC Access Automation option for the switch has "LED On" and "LED Off" in the drop down along with on/off/dim etc.  Once "LED Off" has been selected. as an example, it asks for "LED Number" of 1 to 8.  I've tried a number of combinations but I apparently am not setting it up correctly.  I don't find documentation on this.

Using OPII  v3.8A with PC Access 3.17.0.838

Clues?

Thanks!
Dan

The ones I'm fooling with now are HAI (35A00-1).  Upstart reports the firmware as v1.08

However, I also have a few PCS switches available but don't have the firmware/version/model info on those available.

I'm probably overdue updating the OmniPro chip so can do that if that is a constraint.

Thanks for the response.

Dan

The way I have done it in the past is programming the key pads via UpStart to respond to UPB links for LED on and off.  Then when you want those changes, you activate or deactivate the link via programming on the Omni.

This is a standard 600w dimmer, not a key pad if that's what you mean.  Or, are you treating the dimmer as a key pad?

For dimmers I have not seen any option in UpStart for adjusting anything but the switch output (light level) via links.

UpStart as well as the OminPro through PC Access has direct access to control key pad button LED's and I regularly do that.

If you are talking about turning the dimmer status led on/off via Automation rules can you describe how that works?

Thanks,
Dan

I’m a little confused, doesn’t the HAI dimmer automatically set the LED for you currently?

I use some of those here. If I recall, they are blue when device is off, then off when the device is on.

Other than the option to program them to be a different color from blue, or disabled, I don’t think you can set the LED directly from programming.

I just took a look at the switch install doc. You can grab a copy from Leviton on the web: https://www.leviton.com/en/docs/PK-93406-10-00-5A-W.pdf

I know SAI switches have a little different LED behavior, but not sure they can be directly controlled for the LED color either.

Hi Cobra, thanks for the reply.

Sorry I'm not more clear.  I'm familiar with how to get the indictor to be "red when on" or "blue when on" etc.  I'm trying to use the indicator for something other than light on/off.  As an example, use it as an indicator of system arm status or some other alert in a place that's not near a console indicator light.  I can put in a controlled red/green LED panel (there's a KB for that) but it would be handy just to use the existing switch status.

UpStart has a setting of "always red" or "always blue" "always off" etc, so software wise it should be possible for the OmniPro to control this light just like I can control button LED's on a room controller.  I just haven't figured out how to do that. 

If you look at an Automation block it does list "LED On" and "LED Off" in the drop down for a UPB switch action.  I have tried it a number of ways and have not been successful in making it work.  I assume there is something I'm not configuring correctly, or maybe it requires a specific firmware version?  Or, maybe, that option is not supposed to be in the drop down.

Thanks again,
Dan

Nope you can't control the LED on those switches. You will notice even when you change them in UPStart they don't actually change until you flip the switch. So you are not changing the LED, your only changing the action of the switch on the LED.  Push button controllers give you more control options.

Back