CQC 1.5 Info

I hope to open a thread on either here or on the CQC forum. It will then follow the progress of the system and development over the next 6 months to a year.

I am so excited to get started! (Now hurry up framers.......)

Hey ph0n33z:
Good to see you over here and at CQC from the AVSForum. Your situation reminds me of where I was 3 years ago as the addition to our home was starting. I knew I wanted to add a HT, and I had permission from the wife to do so, but the construction was taking SO AGONIZINGLY LONG. So I filled the time by becoming an expert on wiring, HT, and audio. When the time finally came to run wire, I was confident enough to do it myself. But, like I said at AVS, I'd work with a pro if I were tackling an entire house.

You have a big advantage b/c you're thinking about how to integrate all of these systems now, before the framing is done. You should be able to design a wholly-integrated system and prepare the house properly for it from the beginning -- and not have to rely on kludgy retrofit solutions like I did.

Definitely do share your experiences as you go!

- Ken

yeah, plus he can learn from all of our screw-ups/mistakes over the past 2 years.

I own more s/w licenses and more unused hardware than I care to remember. The only thing saving WAF is that every time there's a mistake, she gets another Louis Vuitton :D

I just posted the first 1.6 beta. The first one is always for the old timers to look at and make sure it's happy. But here soon we'll open it up for public abuse before we make it official.

oh man......I really really really want to test CQC out.

I just do not have time right now. We start framing the house on Monday, so this weekend is crazy. We have had to pick siding, roofing, window treatments, etc. Once that is settled, its on to the wiring design.

I cant wait to start customizing and testing out CQC. Stay Tuned for the coverage of my construction! hehe

Here's a nice little PocketPC interface I whipped up tonight. I was just playing around and drew the new background, which I'll add to the CQC background image set, and then in about 10 minutes put this interface together using the CQC interface designer. Almost makes me wish I had a PPC.

PPCSample.jpg

Back