Creating a button in PC Access/SnapLink to control relays

The only 24VAC I see on the board is the input power.  
Instead of tapping into that should I purchase a separate 24V transformer that is dedicated to the relay board (Sprinkler System)

Thanks

The sprinklers work on 24v. You don't get this from the board, in fact you don't want to power anything external from the board. That's why you are using relays. The omni will just operate the relays, use them to power anything you want.
A relay works by switching a common lead, from a NC closed lead to a NO lead. So if you want to STOP something from receiving power, you would connect the main power to the common and the NC to the device. So when the relay is activated it switches from the NC to the NO stopping power from getting to the device. If you want to OPERATE a device (as a sprinkler), connect the DEVICES power supply (24v in this case) to the common and the device to the NO. So in a normal state the device will not be powered, when the relay is activated it sends the power to the NO and on to the device. This can be reversed if you want the device to work when the relay is not energized but it's rare to do that.
Your sprinkler system should have come with a power transformer. That needs to be connected to all eight of the commons (if you have eight zones of course), then relay number 1's NO will connect to the solenoid for zone 1 on the positive connection. relay 2 to zone 2 etc. All the commons from all eight solenoids will be connected together and back to the common of the power transformer.
So when complete, all you are doing is putting a switch on the positive side of all the solenoids.

Frunple,
Thanks for the detailed explanation.  I should of done a little more research before diving into this but I think I am on my way.

I did not purchase the control unit for the sprinkler system because I knew I would eventually be using my OmniPro.  I just ran to Radio Shack and purchased a Chassis Mount Power Transformer, 25.2 VAC - 450mA.

Can I use this along with an inline fuse?

I know I will have to hard wire it into a 120VAC source.

I forgot to compliment you on your avatar pic.
I was in the navy for 8 years.  My first command was the USS Bataan, LHD-5.
On 9/11 we shot down to North Carolina and picked up 2000 pissed off Marines (the 22 MEU) and were the first ship sitting off the coast of Afghanistan.  

okay.
Thanks to your help I now have my irrigation system hooked up and being controlled by my OmniPro.
I will take pictures and document what I did for the next noob that comes along.

Mike

I use Elk relays to control my water heater and recirc pump in my garage. They have diodes to protect the Omni outputs. That way I also keep extraneous other power sources out of my panel enclosure.
They also have LEDs, which made diagnosing my programming easier.

Clarification: I only use the elk relays to power low amperage loads. In the case of my water heater the Elk relay drives a 30 Amp relay which switches the wh load.

Back