Do people actually watch 3D TV?

Do you ever watch 3D TV/Games/Movies?

• Yes - every chance I get

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • Once in a while on special occasions

Votes: 6 19.4%
  • Not yet but I'd like to get into 3D TV's

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • Nope - absolutely no interest (or tried it and didn't care much)

Votes: 22 71.0%

• Total voters
No luck to test it - never found a 3D movie; ended up settling on skipping the 3D in the bedrooms and office - just did it in the game room; master bedroom has not been settled yet.  The theater is 3D capable so if someone wants to sit down and get the 3D experience, that seems like the place to go.

Here was "treated" to 3D with my kids as they grew up and us going to Disney World every every year (literally) until they were teens. 

I did wear the glasses because I wanted to see what they saw.

Got into that vacation home rental thing for a few years and noticed the higher end homes did have LCD TVs in just about every room of the house.

I would always bring along the multimedia entertainment (movies and music) and plug in to whatever was there.   While we did watch a few movies thinking though I spent more time watching news occasionally on the LCDs (as we were out of the country for our vacation).

I recall one home with a roof top swimming pool and a spectacular view of a large bay.  Mostly there we didn't watch any movies; rather just listened to music as we tended to spend our entire days on the rooftop pool area and watching the bay.  I have some pictures of a storm rolling into the bay (which was miles large) like a blanket over a bed; which was more entertaining than watching a movie on an LCD. 

Interesting too one morning getting up early before the sun rise and watching a boat coming into the bay that looked like a 20 story building floating on the water; was an interesting sight and more entertaining than watching a 3D movie....

That and I didn't rent the house to watch TV/movies on the LCD TV's though....well and historically never did plant my kids in front of a television while on vacation...but that was me....

We have 3D in the home theatre. It's cute and some movies take great advantage of the tech. Yes it's gimmicky and so are many movies these days. Depend more on effects than content. I hate wearing the shades. Mostly because the effectively cut the brightness down 50 percent because each eye gets half the projection. So your source has to be very bright.

I only have it in the theatre and would never use 3D anywhere else. Mostly because if I'm going to watch a full experience movie, I want to be in the theatre room in the dark with good sound and good popcorn. In the future, sporting events may be 3D. Not so sure I'm ready for that. 3D Super Bowl?

Games, I agree with the above. Sound is more important and for that quality headphones are what my son uses. He a doesn't like to game in the theatre room. Claims it has a delay lag to project.

Bzncrewjr said:
...what my son uses. He a doesn't like to game in the theatre room. Claims it has a delay lag to project.
Yeah, that's it... the screen lag...  "It's a poor craftsman that blames his tools."

That said, some screens are worse than others and that can be a little problematic in some games.  What's he playing, and at what resolution?

wkearney99 said:
Yeah, that's it... the screen lag...  "It's a poor craftsman that blames his tools."

That said, some screens are worse than others and that can be a little problematic in some games.  What's he playing, and at what resolution?
He plays COD type games on Xbox and Xbox one. He blames the long HDMI cable to the projector which I think is ridiculous. Digital signal travels the speed of light and is not causing delay lag. The lag is possibly in the projector logic. It's a 3D Epson projector. I have never noticed lag in watching movies. Poor carpenter I would agree with.

The problem isn't the technology, its the content.

I bought an Epson 2030 3D-capable projector as it was the best price for 2D ($900), 3D was a bonus. I put up a 106" screen, and upgraded all the speakers and sub.

2D BluRay movies are phenomenal as-is. The right 3D movie is intense. But sadly, many of the 3D movies aren't made well. (FYI, DVD/480p movies are annoying at that screen size)

Given my screen size, if I were buying new, I'd go with 4K and not 3D if I had to pick. But lately you can get both, so just don't buy the glasses, ignore the 3D, and you're fine.

There was a time that I played a LOT of COD on PS3. I don't have any experience with playing on a projector, so I'm not sure what, if any latency would be noticed there. However, I regularly experienced latency while playing when using the wireless [internet] connection; at one point I started laying out a cable between my office and the PS3 to play over a wired connection and the issue was resolved. Today I have wired drops at every TV in my home :)

Back