Door Contacts

There is no difference in learning a transmitter into the M1 with the keypad or typing into ELKRP. Same data gets stored in the M1.

HMMM...I am lost. I guess I need to see what is happening as the distance is clear line of sight.

Spanky,
What about the data from 8 to 4. Does that change the situation.

regards,

I have 4 nx454's. Using the Elk m1xrf. They are used on doors to track movement thru the house. They trip each and every time. Once I propped open a door to run an air hose. The door was open just enough that it would make and break the nx454 continually. That filled up the Homeseer log with events as fast as it could log them! :)

Noshali,
Not clear on what you mean: the data from 8 to 4.
Spanky,

He is talking about this documentation from GE posted a few posts back...
"We recommend you leave the sensor undisturbed, in the
closed or non-alarm condition, for 5 minutes before testing
it. Waiting guarantees accurate test results because the sensor
has enough time to turn off its built-in power-saver feature,
which automatically turns on when it is tripped more
than once in a 4 1/4 minute time period.
When the power-saver feature is on, the sensor transmits
only half the usual number of data rounds when tripped. For
example, during a dealer sensor test you normally expect to
hear up to 8 data rounds. When the power-saver feature is
on, you may hear only up to 4 data rounds."

We have not had any issues with the nx-454s here. We use several of them with the Elk and it trips every time no matter what the time interval is.

Noshali,
Not clear on what you mean: the data from 8 to 4.
Spanky,

He is talking about this documentation from GE posted a few posts back...
"We recommend you leave the sensor undisturbed, in the
closed or non-alarm condition, for 5 minutes before testing
it. Waiting guarantees accurate test results because the sensor
has enough time to turn off its built-in power-saver feature,
which automatically turns on when it is tripped more
than once in a 4 1/4 minute time period.
When the power-saver feature is on, the sensor transmits
only half the usual number of data rounds when tripped. For
example, during a dealer sensor test you normally expect to
hear up to 8 data rounds. When the power-saver feature is
on, you may hear only up to 4 data rounds."
I think what they are saying is a voilation during the "closed or non-alarm condition, for 5 minutes " will be sent 8 times. If everything is good the panel will receive 6 to 8 signals (data rounds). "When the power-saver feature is
on, you may hear only up to 4 data rounds" means they only send the signal 4 times. I think.

Martin,

I had terrible luck with the 458s. I will try the 454s but don't be shocked if I bring them back on my next trip.

So if the ELK is disarmed and I opent he door the zone should become violated no matter how many times I open it in a minute? Please confirm for 454s.

As always thanks for the excellent service and understanding.

regards,

I am having a lot of problems with my ELK.

1. The wireless sensor NX454 don't seem to be picked up by elk. My key fob works fine. What could be wrong. I can see the lights blink on the GE receiver but nothing happens on the elk.
2. Ever since I upgraded my ELKRP I cannot save my account. It says that it is saving it but when I exit and come back the account is not there and it seems like it is a new install of ELKRP. Also, everytime I open ELKRP it says that an update to the database is available and i update but the issue remains the same.

I would really like to get the nx454 resolved and REALLY need you help as I can't think of what the issue could be. Please advise..... I thought that maybe my wire to the receiver went bad but key fob works fine.

PLEASE HELP.

regards,

Back