index.php
File Name: Generic UPnP Driver
File Submitter: premiaware
File Submitted: 20 Jan 2010
File Updated: 22 Jan 2010
File Category: Premise
Author: Premiaware
Version: 0.89

I tried to develop a driver UPnP standard for PremiseSYS, I tried to use Intel UPnP media server and it works.
I also developed a device with 42 digital I/O UPnP compliant and it works ok. Premise is a great software.

I have update the driver and fix the problem that 123 have found. The problem is that in this moment i don't have time to developer and debug the driver with media server because I have developed my UPnP Device for my new Home. I want to have only compatible UPnP devices do not want to buy X10 or serial device. At this time I have developed the device to handle I / O digital or analog.
For media device i have try to use the driver only using Intel UPnP tools and using the PremiseSyS script I have used the Intel Media Server for Play Mp3 music (but only for test).

I have try to use the "spUPnP.dll" driver but I could not get it to work properly.

My GenericUPnP driver use the Ms-Windows UPnP library and you don't have need additional library to install.
I don't have tested the driver in windows 7 because I have only Windows XP and Vista.

Click here to download this file

Premiaware,

Welcome to the Premise community! This is a very impressive contribution for a new member!

I installed and ran the GenericUPnP driver and it discovered three items (see the attached image). Unfortunately, it also generated four failure Events (listed below). All four Events appear to be related to the discovery of the "Windows Media Player Sharing" item. Perhaps there's something unique about this UPnP service.

Code:
LoadStringValue() failed for property 'ValueProperty' on object 'sys://Schema/Modules/UPNP_Premiaware/urn_schemas_upnp_org_device_MediaServer_1/urn_microsoft.com_serviceId_X_MS_MediaReceiverRegistrar/Variables/Classes/A_ARG_TYPE_Result' -- contents: '{F0F812F5-E7A7-4A9F-A00F-5916FE784A72}'

LoadStringValue() failed for property 'ValueProperty' on object 'sys://Schema/Modules/UPNP_Premiaware/urn_schemas_upnp_org_device_MediaServer_1/urn_microsoft.com_serviceId_X_MS_MediaReceiverRegistrar/Variables/Classes/A_ARG_TYPE_RegistrationReqMsg' -- contents: '{CEA0AFBA-1DBF-4582-9C5E-40798E704ECC}'

LoadStringValue() failed for property 'ValueProperty' on object 'sys://Schema/Modules/UPNP_Premiaware/urn_schemas_upnp_org_device_MediaServer_1/urn_microsoft.com_serviceId_X_MS_MediaReceiverRegistrar/Variables/Classes/A_ARG_TYPE_RegistrationRespMsg' -- contents: '{570105E1-A9FF-4FD6-890E-A314DE6A2FB6}'

LoadStringValue() failed for property 'ValueProperty' on object 'sys://Schema/Modules/UPNP_Premiaware/urn_schemas_upnp_org_device_MediaServer_1/urn_microsoft.com_serviceId_X_MS_MediaReceiverRegistrar/Classes/RegisterDevice' -- contents: '{D1508F32-B950-4E91-817C-9EA0B043BF02}'

Attachments

• UPnP.png
    UPnP.png
    18.6 KB · Views: 62
Thanks for the contribution! How does this type of driver work for video files within Premise when using mSense? Is there some method by which you link a given UPnP video device to a receivers input? Also is there any particular UPnP service or toolkit that I must install before hand? If so, what version?

I plan to run this on an XP machine, but it would control content playing on two Windows 7 PC's. If only I was home to try this new driver. If it works with Windows 7's native UPnP capability that would be very neat!

Thank you!

Luca,

Welcome aboard!

I just installed this and got the same errors as 123, but it did seem to continue to load.

But I seem to be a bit dense on this and cannot figure out how to use it. It finds my PlayOn and TVersity servers and Windows Media.

Do you have any basic instructions?

I'm stumped too. The driver lists UPnP devices but I don't understand how to interact with them. Nothing is bindable so I guess you'd manipulate the items directly ... not sure how to do that with UPnP Media Server. Hopefully, Luca will find the time to clarify the driver's usage.

Have you tried the UPnP Control Point? It exposes media server and media renderer objects that can be used.

I have never spent a lot of time w/ your control point...it seemd to work fine, picking up Premise and Tversity just fine...but I wasn't sure what to do with it after that? Can you give some screen snaps or suggestions?

John - I haven't been able to use your Control Point since upgrading my server to Vista 64. Service starts, then stops.

Didn't you go to 64-bit recently?

Hi,

I finally finished building the my new house for six months and I'm using my home automation
system with a premise and I must say it works very well.
For now I realized the lighting control, temperature control, boiler,
solar panels and ventilation management.

I love premise system software because it's open, fast and reliable.

I enclose a link to my page, for now only in Italian, my English is very bad :)

http://www.fasthomestore.it/premise/default.html

Luca,

This is a very neat and impressive work. Since your driver is UPnP, I take it your MOD 5270 boards can be used with other UPnP control systems besides Premise?

Please post more pictures :) I'm interested in how you interfaced lighting with your boards. I'm guessing you used DIN rail mount relays and ran all the lighting loads to a single location? How fast do the lights work? For example, if you tell your driver to turn all lights on in your home, do the lights all come on at about the same time or is there a noticeable difference?

PS: Are you still working on the UPnP media portion of the driver? I'm looking for a UPnP Premise driver that can control XBOX 360's and Windows 7 Media Center.

Here's a link to a translated version of the fasthomestore site:
http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&ie=UTF8&twu=1&u=http://www.fasthomestore.it/premise/default.html

Here's a link to the new Premise module:
http://www.fasthomestore.it/premise/UpNP/UPnPPremiaware.dll

Luca,

This is a very neat and impressive work. Since your driver is UPnP, I take it your MOD 5270 boards can be used with other UPnP control systems besides Premise?

Please post more pictures :) I'm interested in how you interfaced lighting with your boards. I'm guessing you used DIN rail mount relays and ran all the lighting loads to a single location? How fast do the lights work? For example, if you tell your driver to turn all lights on in your home, do the lights all come on at about the same time or is there a noticeable difference?

PS: Are you still working on the UPnP media portion of the driver? I'm looking for a UPnP Premise driver that can control XBOX 360's and Windows 7 Media Center.

Here's a link to a translated version of the fasthomestore site:
http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&ie=UTF8&twu=1&u=http://www.fasthomestore.it/premise/default.html

Here's a link to the new Premise module:
http://www.fasthomestore.it/premise/UpNP/UPnPPremiaware.dll

Thank you for your opinion!
In this moment my target is develop the componet for management the primary services of my Home. I don't have worked for multimedia services but i Have Samsung TV Led in the network and the driver recognizes and decodes the UpNP Services of TV.
What I never liked the use of home automation is always supplied the power to the relay for keep the light on. In my project I used only relay type step by step, this allows me to energize the coil of the relay for the moment the change was necessary. To do this I had to use a current detector to see if relay is open or closed.
I am attaching the schema that you can see that there is' a cabinet on each floor of the house.
The speed the power of each light is about 150/200 ms
If you use a normal relay the speed is definitely better, you do not have to wait for the return status.
The speed is not a problem for me, the all light on plan scene is completed in 1,2 second max.
You have try to install the driver and use it with Premise Script? You must set the parameter and call the invoke method for execute the command.
In the web page link I have inserted the new electrical cabinet photo.

Attachments

• schema.jpg
    schema.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 22
Your lighting circuit sounds very useful as it eliminates wasted power due to the internal resistance of a traditional (non-stepper) relay coil.

I can see myself copying your circuit in the future as the Elk M1G allows you to write rules that use an output to send a pulse to a "stepper relay".

Thanks!

I forgot to mention: nice job on the cabinets. I think in my next home I'll use din mounting rails ;)

So, for you something like lighting, did you keep a traditional light switch on the wall? For a traditional switch, I'm guessing you'd use pushbuttons and wire the push button back to one of your four cabinets?

1-2 seconds is very fast for all lights in a home to change states. Z-Wave can get there if you use scenes (but this is limited to 32 lights). However, if I write a script to turn each light on one at a time, it would take about 6-7 seconds to toggle 40 loads.

I forgot to mention: nice job on the cabinets. I think in my next home I'll use din mounting rails ;)

So, for you something like lighting, did you keep a traditional light switch on the wall? For a traditional switch, I'm guessing you'd use pushbuttons and wire the push button back to one of your four cabinets?

1-2 seconds is very fast for all lights in a home to change states. Z-Wave can get there if you use scenes (but this is limited to 32 lights). However, if I write a script to turn each light on one at a time, it would take about 6-7 seconds to toggle 40 loads.

Hi,

Yes all is corrent, I have used traditional switch push-Button in particular i Have user Vimar Eikon

http://www.vimar.eu/irj/go/km/docs/z_catalogo/DOCUMENT/B_D11008_EN.25935.pdf

the design is very very good for me.

the interesting thing is the cost of construction, I was interested in a flexible system at reduced costs, and an open IP network.
All my device are standard it's not device for home automation devices.
Then I was interested to integrate all the heating, ventilation and solar system to have the global control of the building heat loss.

Back