Premise [download] Module: DoorMinder - intelligent monitoring of doors and windows

Motorola Premise
Just a wild guess but there's a slight chance that Premise is unhappy with the underscore character used in "Unknown_Object" (although it is present in "Kitchen_Door"). Rename the Voice object and the variable to "UnknownObject". If that doesn't work, scrap the entire "case else" section. If that doesn't work ... I'm out out of ideas.

That also didnt work. Since Im not to well versed in VBscript, I also dont know how to get this to do what I want.

Thanks

OK, so I couldnt get the above script to work, so again, I went to the SYS engine, restarted, and wouldnt you know it, it works (well somewhat). It will announce the first option of the Kitchen Door, but will not announce any other option, such as garage door, or front door.

Any Ideas?

Also, why would I need to restart the SYS service every time I add or modify scripts? Seems weird! Any ideas on this?

Not sure why you would have to restart SYS in order to have your scripts work. I have never had that problem except when I have really hosed something and had been unable to work thru it. Are you sure your script hasn't thrown you an error prior to your restart?

BTW, the underscore does/doesn't work. I haven't figured out the why, but I only had a couple occasions when it was an issue. Not even exactly sure it was the underscore, but once I changed the class to remove the underscore, all was well.

I have checked for errors, and I get nothing. I guess I should maybe set up individual scripts and see if the individuals execute?

Thanks for the help.

Not sure why I have to continue to restart the service. I think I may move this to a new machine that runs nothing, and is only used for internet access. I leave it in my basement so when I work on my bikes, I have a resource in case I need it. Im wondering if there is something else on that machine which is conflicting with it??

Ok, somewhat unrelated or so i thought, but i removed the weather module from my system, and now the script wih the case else statement works??? The weather module was also causing my browser not to work because the module was throwing an error. I know its strange, but for whatever reason it works now. Just thought id let you know.

I'm finally ready to use doorminder for my back door; probably study it this weekend... I like the concept of doorminder neat idea!

Back