Dual momentary push button

For anyone who's curios, I ended up with a two-gang box in the wall and a Touchplate switch from Lyle and it worked out nicely. I had to add just one 22/4 cable from the occupancy sensor and door motor on one end and the switch on the other.

http://www.kyleswitchplates.com/genesis-low-voltage-touch-plate-light-switch-two-button-white/

I did not re-locate the houses AC 3-way switch as I said earlierin this thread. When I started looking at doing that I decided that it wasn't worth the time and money that it would take. I would have had to go out and buy 50' of 14/2 cable because the existing wire would be too short to re-use and I just hate pulling cable.

Now the Leviton occupancy sensor controls eight fluorescent tubes when there is motion in the room and it can be over-ridden by the wall switch at any time. This is ideal for the garage because it senses the overhead door or when we go out with our hands full of garbage and don't have a hand free for the switch. It also shuts itself off if I forget to switch it off manually. It can also be controlled by the Elk but I haven't wired it for that.

Overall I can't think of anything more that I can ask for in the way of garage lighting control. Also the automatic single bulb light on the overhead door has been repaired twice in the past and I'll never have to do that again.

Thanks all for your input, Mike.

Back