During a smoke test, DSC smokes wont turn off

RogueOne

I have 2 DSC FSA-10AST smokes.  When testing it with smoke, they both work and the Elk M1 gold panel indicates there is a smoke alarm.  I type in my code and the panel clears but the beeping on the detectors wont stop.  I tried pushing in the button on the detector but nothing worked.  I finally had to turn off the power to the alarm panel.  Any ideas?

Thanks

After a smoke alarm, entering your code will silence the alarm panel, but the smoke detectors remain active.  That allows you to walk through the house and check the LEDs on the detectors to see which one activated the alarm.  After you've done that, you need to do a Reset Smoke Detectors from the keypad, under Menu 2.

The smoke reset interrupts the power on the SAUX terminals (which is what you should be using to power the smokes), and that allows them to reset themselves.

RogueOne said:
I just entered the code
What do you mean a smoke reset?
You must be in Canada because these aren't approved in the US. The "B" version is the US model.  In any case PLEASE check over your wiring, and always use a power supervision relay with 4 wire smoke. If you don't know what all this is, please hire someone who can help you.  I'm all for DIY, but a fire alarm system is not the place to start.

Back