ekeypad Pro - version 2.0.0

jaysonc

A new version of eKeypad Pro is now available. Lots of new features in this release!

- Added Energy Management device Category
- Added full validation of newly added devices
- Added ISY-99 device support
- Added Brultech ECM device support
- Validated of nine new Panasonic and TRENDnet IP Cameras
- The favorites screen is now fully customizable
- Item lists can now be alphabetized
- Capability tabs in GUI are fully dynamic and manually controllable
- Installer features are now managed in a dedicated sub-menu
- Numerous GUI and application improvements
- Added support for Elk zone voltages

Hi Jayson,

I have eKeypad Plus 1.2V what is up issue version for this application. Must admit I have not used it for quite a while.

Been waiting for the audio control. I think the Ness M1 panel and RP needs to be updated before the audion version is released as I recall. Could you refresh where every thing is at in this regard?

Regards,

Fleetz

Fleetz,

eKeypad Plus was renamed to eKeypad M1 a few releases ago. If you simply open up the App store application on your iPhone it will show the update automatically. Version 2.0.0 is a free update, as are all eKeypad updates.

Both Elk and Ness have released updated firmware for the M1 panel and XEP module that enables the whole house integration with Russound, Nuvo and Proficient.

eKeypad support for this audio integration has been added to both eK M1 and eK Pro and is currently in testing. I had hoped it would be released in the March 2010 update, but it was not ready in time. As soon as testing is complete the audio feature will be enabled.

Hi Jayson,

Thanks for the update.

FYI Ness have released the new M1, XEP or RP2 firmware/software yet. I know it is working it's way through their system.

I assume that all 3 need to be installed for the audio to work with your eKeypad M1, assuming when you have included the audio in your up coming relese.

Regards,

Fleety

Correct. These firmware updates are necessary to enable the Ness M1 to interact with whole house audio systems. Both eK M1 and eK Pro will require them if you want to control your whole house audio through your M1.

I am also investigating the possibility of direct control of the audio systems. In this model eKeypad would be able to connect directly without the need of an M1 panel. Control via the M1 will definitely be available first.

An interesting point about these firmware updates is that they will also enable basic audio system control from the rules.

Hey Jason,

Two questions...

What does this feature mean? 'Installer features are now managed in a dedicated sub-menu' Am I able to configure items that are normally located in the ELK installer menu? I could't find documentation on what thats about.

Also, What is the eKeypad server configuration for? Its located in the same menu area as the Installer configuration.

Thanks
Kev

Kev,

The installer menu and the upcoming eK Server product are optional features of the eKeypad platform that help resellers and installers to more easily manage eKeypad installations for their customers. These special features are there to meet their unique needs and are all optional.

In this most recent release, I have consolidated these settings into a common sub-menu for easier access. If you are not managing eKeypad installations for others these features will not be of much value to you.

To give you more detail:

The installer sub-menu has several features that allow the installer to customize how eKeypad operates. For example, the "Installer Code" is a unique code provided to installers that will enable GUI customizations. Installers are able to add their logo and company contact information throughout eKeypad. Likewise, the "Login at Config" option allows the installer to manage who is allowed to enter the configuration screens and make changes.

The eK Server is an optional internet service that enables installers to have full management control over an unlimited number of eKeypad installations. Some of the features it provides are:

- Direct management over licensing. Including re-sellable and upgradable licenses
- Ability to provide multi-seat and other commercial style licensing agreements
- Enhanced co-branding support. Similar to the GUI customizations above
- Full remote management. Allowing the installer to add/change configuration settings remotely over the internet.
- Ability to authorize and blacklist individual devices from using eK Server. (i.e. Lost or stolen phones)
- Automatic configuration backup and restore services. (i.e. Replaced or upgraded devices)
- Remote client wipe. This sends a command over the internet that clears all configuration details from eKeypad.
- Ability to push informational messages to individual or groups of eKeypad installations.

The largest challenge to adding a mobile device for an installer is how to manage this device after they sell it to the end-user. For installers and end-users in this scenario, the installer sub-menu and eK Server provide the installer the features they need to perform this management easily and inexpensively. For their customers, these features provide the safety and security features expected from a full service installer.

Back