Elk 924 Question

mishab

I want to control my garage door from Elk by pressing F6 button on the keypad.
I have a garage door wall control with a button [standard wall mounted control] which controls the garage door to go up / down :)

I og the Elk 924 relay and now want to wire the output of the relay to simulate push of the button. The Elk ouput upon press of F6 is set to ON. I expect this will cause close of the circut and the garage door should go up. Now I need to simulate the release of the button.

Has any one done similar thing?

- Misha

[UPDATED] - I guess my "real" question is can i use a M1 built in timer to open the relay after 2 seconds? I really do not want to purchase a separate timer [ELK960] for that.

Thanks

WHENEVER Task 01 (Task 1) IS ACTIVATED
THEN TURN Output 003 (Out 3) ON FOR 2 SECS
WHENEVER F6 KEY ON ANY KEYPAD ACTIVATES
THEN ACTIVATE Task 01 (Task 1)

Whenever Task 1 is activated from the keypad, telephone remote control, serial ASCII commands or Function Key 6, Output 3 will activate for 2 seconds. You can use any output or function key that you want to define in the Rule.

Wire the normally open contacts of the relay in this case output 3 across the garage door contacts that opens and closes the garage door. You can leave the existing garage door push button connected.

I did just as Spanky described and it works great. I also made the function button on the keypad blink to indicate the garage door is open.

Back