ELK programming for lighting

I can see them for sale on X10.com but Im from down under and need them to be 240v not 110v you guys have in US. Searching on Amazon and eBay didnt get me anywhere. Any ideas ?

Most common issue with Powerline X10 is noise.  All I can suggest is to keep looking.  There have been a few folks on the Cocoontech forum from Australia in the last couple of months.  Some of them appear to be service companies addressing issues with the OmniPro 2 panel.  Much of the 30 plus years old stuff was using powerline X10...so maybe PM one of those folks relating to purchasing X10 stuff?

Do you have any x10 light / appliance modules.  You can maybe plug one in close the X10 PM to see if you can trigger it.  The appliance module has a loud relay inside that you would hear triggering.

Thanks to you Pete and others who helped me here, I sorted this issue out , the powerline interface was sitting on a different Circuit Breaker in the switchboard. Does all X10 gear need to sit on the same mains circuit ? When I try to control devices distributed over different circuit breakers, only the ones which are on the same circuit with the device that initiates the command respond.

I'm not sure of the electrical grid type in your homes, but here in the US, we need to use a phase coupler to jumper the two 120 volt phases in a typical 220 volt breaker box system.  Might want to google X-10 phase coupler for your voltage system.

Australia uses 230V single phase power.  

Either your X10 powerline interface is putting out a weak signal, or more likely, there is something else in your house that is generating noise or filtering out the signal.  It could be anything from LED bulbs, a UPS, TV set or any device with electronics.

One way to narrow it down is to shut off everything at the breaker panel except for the 2 circuits that the X10 signal has to work across, and see if that works.  If it does, then start turning other circuits back on one at a time and see when it stops working.  Then, start disconnecting individual devices until you find what's causing the problem.

Back