Elk setup for Honeywell 944T Contacts

GQuack

Greetings, I have had an Elk M1 system up and running now for about 2 years in a new house build with smoke detectors and wireless window sensors. There is no expertise available where we live so I am it for the support team and have done all configuration work thus far. The house was hardwired for door sensors and motion detectors and the wiring to the Elk panel for those devices was just completed yesterday. I am trying to figure out the correct configuration within the Elk for the door sensors which are Honeywell 944T contacts. 

I've configured them within the Elk as Definition 03 = Burglar Perimeter Instant and Type 0 = EOL Hardwire / Wireless

Every door (Doc attached) shows a status of VIOLATED, with state of OPEN. 

I'm trying to figure out if I have a configuration issue or a wiring issue. Any help most welcome, thank you.

You say that you configured the Zone Type as 0, EOL Supervised.  Do you know if there are actually EOL resistors wired in at the contacts?  I'd be surprised if there are EOLs on a pre-wired house since the contractor would need to know what type of alarm system you planned on installing in order to choose the proper EOL resistor values.

If you aren't sure about whether there are EOLs wired in, use an ohm meter to check the resistance across the cable at the panel end, with the wires disconnected from the panel.  If there are proper EOLs, you should get a reading of 2200 ohms.   If there are none, you'll see a value close to zero.

If there are no EOL resistors installed, you should use zone type 1 (normally closed).

[Edit]:
Thinking about this some more, it seems strange that the status is showing as Open and 13.8V. If there were no EOLs installed, I'd expect it to show as shorted and 0V with a closed contact.

The other thing that comes to mind is that sometimes contractors install the contacts in the door frames, but fail to install the magnets in the doors.

Did you install the 944T contacts, or did the contractor? Did you pull one to see if it is actually connected to the wiring? Was 2-wire cable or 4-wire cable used? If 4-wire, did they connect the right pair to the M1?

RAL, thank you for your reply. Son of a gun you are absolutely correct in that there are no magnets in the doors. I assumed the contractor had completed that work but not so. Let me get going on that piece of the puzzle. Wow.....

GQuack said:
RAL, thank you for your reply. Son of a gun you are absolutely correct in that there are no magnets in the doors. I assumed the contractor had completed that work but not so. Let me get going on that piece of the puzzle. Wow.....

Yeah, you would think that if they installed the contact in the frame, they'd install the magnet, too!  What use is a contact with no magnet? 

You're not the first one to have this happen.

Hi all, how I can contact Admin?
We want to order ad on your forum.
Tryed to contact via e-mail - nobody answer :(

Back