ELK-SWG Glides in ChannelVision can

apu

Can you use the ELK-SWG Glides to vertically mount input and output expanders in a ChannelVision enclosure or is the can not deep enough?

The Elk 28" enclosure lists dimensions as
Code:
Overall Box: 14.25” W x 28” H x 4.5” D (Allows for .5” wall finish plus door)
whereas the ChannelVision 28" enclosure is
Code:
28"(L) x 14"(W) x 3 5/8 (D)

I've only used them in the Elk enclosure and when you factor in wiring room, etc. it starts to come close to the edge of the enclosure. I don't know how CV measures their enclosure depth.

Your Elk and/or CV distributor should be able to answer this question, if you don't get an answer here.

Choose your vendors wisely.

I've had a good experience with Automated Outlet.

also in my case I have the CV can, but the plexi door - so that buys more depth because of the curvature of the door.

I use them in a 50" CV can. There's about 1/2" between the top of the glides and the door.

Work2Play - thanks. Didn't want the plexi door but its a thought.

Ira - Plexi door? Standard metal door or hinged door?

Thanks, all.

Hinged metal door. The 1/2" clearance was measured by putting a straight-edge across the opening, "above" the glides. My guess is there's another 1/8" or so clearance to the back side of the hinged door when it is closed.

Hinged metal door. The 1/2" clearance was measured by putting a straight-edge across the opening, "above" the glides. My guess is there's another 1/8" or so clearance to the back side of the hinged door when it is closed.

Thanks - helps a lot as I wanted to go with a single brand of enclosure instead of switching enclosure brands for different purposes.

Keep in mind that the CV cans are not pre-drilled for the Elk glides. Not a big deal to drill them, but wanted to make sure this was understood.

Understood (by me) but good to include for anyone else that finds this later. I was just concerned that they physically would not fit depth-wise.

Back