ELK Warranty & Support for Retail Customers?

Oh I'm not trying to say anything negative about homecontrols.com.  I just have no experience with them, not saying they might not be a good vendor. ;)

BraveSirRobbin said:
Oh I'm not trying to say anything negative about homecontrols.com.  I just have no experience with them, not saying they might not be a good vendor. ;)
I didn't take what you said as a negative towards homecontrols at all. They were recommended to me by an Elk rep here in New England which I like.

Though not part of the CTVA, HomeControls.com is actually a really great company.  I've been using them since long before CocoonTech.com was around.   They have a good mixture of products, and they're based in San Diego which means cheaper/faster shipping for west coast folks - and they're fully authorized and legit with all brands they carry, including Elk and HAI. 

It was actually through them that I learned of Elk and HAI, and that led me here after some searching for info.

Their customer service is excellent too - both in order fulfillment and in pre/post sales tech support.

Work2Play said:
Though not part of the CTVA, HomeControls.com is actually a really great company.  I've been using them since long before CocoonTech.com was around.   They have a good mixture of products, and they're based in San Diego which means cheaper/faster shipping for west coast folks - and they're fully authorized and legit with all brands they carry, including Elk and HAI. 

It was actually through them that I learned of Elk and HAI, and that led me here after some searching for info.

Their customer service is excellent too - both in order fulfillment and in pre/post sales tech support.
Thanks that IS encouraging, as far as I'm concerned nothing beats word of mouth endorsements. I've been working with Mike Brewley there and while he does not have a lot of Elk experience he's a good guy and very helpful and generous with his time. I plan to put an order in there when the Memorial Day prices come out.

Mike.

Mike.

I have dealt a lot with Fairfax Electronics in LA. http://www.at-fairfax.com/ My man Shawn is the one you want to speak to. Good prices, and they are on the official vendor list. The only problem is they deal with a lot of different brands and product. So they are not 100% on support when you have technical questions; They have to ask them and take a day or so get response from Elk.

But their customer service is really good; had few minor hiccups with orders and they took care of it quick. Good people and honest.

I may be switching to Elk as well, and I can time it however I want.  Market prices are all over the map, and this thread explains what the differences are.  Is Memorial Day just as big for discounts as Black Friday after Thanksgiving?  Are there any other magic dates worth keeping in mind? 

newalarm said:
I have dealt a lot with Fairfax Electronics in LA. http://www.at-fairfax.com/ My man Shawn is the one you want to speak to. Good prices, and they are on the official vendor list. The only problem is they deal with a lot of different brands and product. So they are not 100% on support when you have technical questions; They have to ask them and take a day or so get response from Elk.

But their customer service is really good; had few minor hiccups with orders and they took care of it quick. Good people and honest.
I just searched their web ste for elk and their prices are the same as everywhere else. All of the authorized retailers have the same prices online.

Mike.

NeverDie said:
I may be switching to Elk as well, and I can time it however I want.  Market prices are all over the map, and this thread explains what the differences are.  Is Memorial Day just as big for discounts as Black Friday after Thanksgiving?  Are there any other magic dates worth keeping in mind? 
Prices only vary if you are willing to forego the warranty. All of the authorized retailers have the same prices online as far as I have seen. When searching online I found that homecontrols.com had a 15% sale last Memorial Day and 20% on black friday so I'm lookig for Memorial Day.

Mike.

Back