Elk XEP and Java Version Issue

DotNetDog

I have two computer that each have a different version of Java. One can access the Elk Web access via the EXP while the newer one cannot.

Computer A - Java version 1.5.0_02
Computer B - Java version 1.6.0_32

Computer A works fine. Computer B loads the Elk Web Java control but never becomes ready. That is, the UI never loads the configuration.

Has anyone experienced this problem?

Are you sure it's a java issue and not a browser security setting that's causing it?
I can hit it with 1.6.0.31

Same thing happened to me on two xp boxes..

It will load, but always have an hour glass and not ready.

What I did was reinstall java, and changed the default java installation folder to a different folder.

Installed and it began to work after the new install

Video321 - Both computer are running the same version of IE. I have the site (IP address) in the same "zone" in IE. I don't think that's the problem.

treo650 - Well, it's interesting that someone else encountered the same issue. I'll try the re-install with a different install directory and see what happens.

Thanks guys! I'll try the reinstall this evening.

Sun Java has always been horribly flaky and unreliable; had they not shut down Microsoft's JavaVM, I'd still take that any day - it at least worked reliably!

I would clear the Java cache and compare your Java securtiy settings on both PC's under Control Panel and your IE security settings on both PC's. I believe the Elk java module is not signed properly. I use the same version of Java, tested yesterday, and have no issues but that was on Win7.

I've use it on XP, Vista, W7 and Win Server machines with no issues, but I did go through the step of uninstall/reinstall before, also had the browser kick back the app as incompatible/prior version, but was able to run in compatibility mode.

Back