Farmers fight for the right to repair their own tractors

Presumably they're also tracking impediments to gantry movement.  As in, the stalk of something or a stray branch keeping the gantry from moving along the track.

Motion tracking for vermin would be a fun add-on.  A water sprayer with a turret comes to mind...

Meanwhile, I can't keep the damned woodpeckers from poking holes in the architectural foam on the outside of the house!  There's no natural materials in involved in these locations, just foam caps on fiberglass columns, abutted to versatek (pvc) lumber and cement shingles. Thus no insects behind them. It's just the damned males proving they can make holes 'to impress the females'.  For THIS I'd pay money to automate... with killer drones...

In the 1980's here utilized onions and talcum powder (technology was primitive back then).  Eventually though the vermins would eat the vegtables.  It was mostly rabbits at the time.  The garden was elevated and about 24 feet long by about 5 feet wide against the back of the garage using landscaping timbers.  It held up for some 20 years like this.  Today have rabbit problems where they just nest in the middle of the yard and dig holes deep enough for me to trip over them but not really seen from a distance.

Our current subdivision here only allows cement board or cedar use.   That said I have cement board and it looks good after 10 years.  No painting required.  Neighbor went with cedar and he treats it every 2 years.  It still attracts insects and woodpeckers as there are many holes visible now on it (from ground level to 2nd floor level).  I do like the look of cedar better than the cement board though.  It is just more maintenance.  Dad used that rough looking cedar and had less problems. (along with a cedar roof).

I did do a commercial building here in the early 1990's and used dryvit on the exterior.  It was hard over foam stuff and I could take a hammer to it and it would create a hole in it.

Back