HAI 35A00-1 dimming switch not transmitting UPB Link

Fyi, yes confirmed it was a bad switch by swapping with another. Not worth returning as I swapped with a switch I don't send UPB links from. Really strange as there was no indication from Upstart the switch was bad.

wdeertz said:
Really strange as there was no indication from Upstart the switch was bad.

If upstart showed a strong signal when you pressed the toggle then the switch was doing it's job and sending the link and that same link was reaching the CIM. If that much was true then it seems to me that the problem would be outside the switch but then you wouldn't expect swapping the switch to correct the problem. No matter as long as it's working now but it would be interesting to see if you can send  a link from the troubled switch in it's new location.

Mike.

mikefamig said:

If upstart showed a strong signal when you pressed the toggle then the switch was doing it's job and sending the link and that same link was reaching the CIM. If that much was true then it seems to me that the problem would be outside the switch but then you wouldn't expect swapping the switch to correct the problem. No matter as long as it's working now but it would be interesting to see if you can send  a link from the troubled switch in it's new location.

Mike.
Tried the switch in the new location and it still wouldn't transmit the UPB link. The weird thing is that at the circuit panel I could hear the 3 phase repeater making the normal buzzing sound when I held down the rocker so it appears the switch is sending a UPB link but it's not jumping to the phase the device trying to be controlled.

Pete, the firmware on the two switches on the same Phase is 1.08 and the other two working switches on the other phase are 1.09 The switch which is not working is 1.08. I asked the tech support about this and he didn't think the firmware had anything to do with the
UPB link not working.

Thanks wdeertz.

Just a quickie FYI.  PCS has the longest warranty on their stuff.  I did many years ago lose a PCS phase coupler.  PCS promptly replaced it.

- Simply Automated UPB products are warranted for a period of two (2) years after date of shipment.

- All PCS products are completely Made in USA and carry a Five-year limited warranty.

- HAI warrants this product against defects in material and workmanship, under normal use and service, for a period of two (2) years from the date of purchase

Back