HAI baseboard control w/31A00-7

I'm in the process of finishing my basement and I need to control 4 baseboard with my HAI. Here's my plan:

-Install an HAI 31A00-7 in each room where I have a base board.

-Read the temperature from the 31A00-7 with automated bloc to drive the output of the Omni
That drive a Aube Technologies Relay RT850 that drive the baseboard.

So question is, is that plausible? What kind of information does the 31A00-7 is returning that could be used in automation bloc? I'm not looking to change the temperature every 5 minutes, just like 15 degrees when away and 21 when not away.

Thank you for any hardware or programming advice.

Francis.

That is the thing, I'm trying to skip the thermostat and use only temperature sensor, is it better if I use a thermostat? There is an Aube Relais with 24v?

Cheked out the RC1000, look like this will be better than my remote sensor.... I think I will go with 4 of them.... I thought that the RC was only for HVAC and not electric baseboard!

The thermostat has built in logic to anticipate the need for heat and other things that would be difficult to reproduce in programming in the controller.

The RC simply sends relay dry contact signals to control HVAC or heaters.

I used the relay above to control the heater.
It provides the 24VAC to power the thermostat and also switch the relays.
The thermostat controls the power relay, a 24VAC signal switches the larger relay rated for 120/240V.

The power relay just needs to be rated for the load it's controlling. What load does the baseboard heater draw?

They are rated at 1500w, I look thru the forum and read a lot about the RC, I will go that route, it is just so much better. I will stick with the Aube Technologies relay since they are a local company and they are not using mechanical Relais but triac instead. I think I will replace my Nest for an RC as well to get everything bonded.

Thank you for the input.

Back